What's new

House on Haunted Hill 3D (AIPOP) Edition (2 Viewers)

Artanis

Second Unit
Real Name
Curt
More on anaglyph here;

cda1143

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Chris
All you kickstarter folks should be getting yours soon. Unfortunately I missed the window. Wonder if this will ever be available for purchase. We can't even purchase Nightmare Castle anymore.

Capt D McMars

Bernuli Tech Vet
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Todd Doc Sigmier

Artanis

Second Unit
Real Name
Curt
Appreciate the links. With Nightmare Castle only available for a few weeks, I'm still concerned this also will be almost impossible obtain. Fingers crossed.
Why would they make it available for a limited time only when it's public domain, and they can burn on demand?

Capt D McMars

Bernuli Tech Vet
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Todd Doc Sigmier
Why would they make it available for a limited time only when it's public domain, and they can burn on demand?
Becuse they are a small but deadicated outfit with only the funds aquired through the KickStarter champain...they just don't have the capitol...this isn't Kino or Shout.

Capt D McMars

Bernuli Tech Vet
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Todd Doc Sigmier
To create artificial demand, hoping that more people will buy it if they think it will become unavailable.
Really, interesting...thanks!!

Attachments

• 7qMx.gif
    7qMx.gif
    302.7 KB · Views: 19

Artanis

Second Unit
Real Name
Curt
To create artificial demand, hoping that more people will buy it if they think it will become unavailable.

Becuse they are a small but deadicated outfit with only the funds aquired through the KickStarter champain...they just don't have the capitol...this isn't Kino or Shout.
We're only talking about long term availability of the title once produced. The Kickstarter is predominantly to generate the capital to produce the product. Once done, all they have to do is burn and ship, which is paid from the purchase price. Unlike other titles which are licensed for a specific region (s) and time period, I would think this disc should remain available for purchase indefinitely.

Last edited:

cda1143

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Chris
We're only talking about long term availability of the title once produced. The Kickstarter is predominantly to generate the capital to produce the product. Once done, all they have to do is burn and ship, which is paid from the purchase price. Unlike other titles which are licensed for a specific region (s) and time period, I would think this disc should remain available for purchase indefinitely.
One might think that, but based on Nightmare Castle, that is certainly not the case.

I don’t believe Deepvision has the ability to manufacture on demand. It’s also been widely discussed by industry insiders how backed up the disc pressing facilities are. Small batches will always get bumped to the rear of the cue. Without the capital to advance order and store discs in large numbers, it may be challenging for Deepvision to get their discs made.

While there may be no reason for their issues will go out of print, the periods where discs are available to purchase may be very spotty.

Hope I’m wrong.

Capt D McMars

Bernuli Tech Vet
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Todd Doc Sigmier
It would be nice, but this doesn't seem to be the case for thier previous title BR offering, "Nightmare Castle"? I quess we'll see...
One might think that, but based on Nightmare Castle, that is certainly not the case.

I don’t believe Deepvision has the ability to manufacture on demand. It’s also been widely discussed by industry insiders how backed up the disc pressing facilities are. Small batches will always get bumped to the rear of the cue. Without the capital to advance order and store discs in large numbers, it may be challenging for Deepvision to get their discs made.

While there may be no reason for their issues will go out of print, the periods where discs are available to purchase may be very spotty.

Hope I’m wrong.
There may be many factors not apparent to us currently, the last update did confirm that the discs were delivered to thier US disrtributor and in the process of shipping to those that participated in the Kick Starter project.
If you remember, there are other limited Edition run BDs from other small boutique labels that were limited to a certain amount. While some would reissue a more bearbones release, others did not. And some companies, like Twilight Time and Olive have since gine out of buisness and all of their titles have gone oop. So it's always better to grab a copy now, than wait until it's gone oop, and the ebay scalpers are the only ones with that "pristine" copy you could have had. I'ts only hindsight that's 20/20.

Camps

Screenwriter
Real Name
Tom
While I understand there are many buyers who like add-ons, I wonder whether a greater focus of time and resources by Deepvision/AIPop on the actual production of the discs and less so on knick-knacks (postcard inserts, lenticular covers, little plastic gifts) might serve them and us all better....

cda1143

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Chris
While I understand there are many buyers who like add-ons, I wonder whether a greater focus of time and resources by Deepvision/AIPop on the actual production of the discs and less so on knick-knacks (postcard inserts, lenticular covers, little plastic gifts) might serve them and us all better....
Agreed, and I wonder the same thing. My guess is that add-ons are far easier for them to procure than the discs. A few clicks these days can net you stuff like that almost instantly, no matter how small the order. I suspect it’s a way for them to keep some money coming in while their disc manufacturing orders wait at the end of the cue.

Capt D McMars

Bernuli Tech Vet
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Todd Doc Sigmier

Capt D McMars

Bernuli Tech Vet
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Todd Doc Sigmier
Yep they do...I've got mine coming via the post. The swag is just nice to have, as long as I also have the bd coming as well.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks