What's new

Hot Air Poppers (1 Viewer)

John Gido

Second Unit
I am looking for any and all opinions on the "Old-Fashioned Movie Time Popcorn Maker" by Nostalgia Electrics. This table-top device is a hot air popcorn maker that would be a perfect addition to my very modest Home Theater. There doesn't seem to be any reviews or info other than purchase information online.
http://www.foximas.com/store/old-fas...corn-maker.htm

Please support HTF by using one of these affiliate links when considering a purchase.

Nick_Shah

Stunt Coordinator
John,

Although I don't know much about hot air poppers, I suspect that you may get more responses if you post this in the 'HT Construction and Interiors' forum.

-Nick

John Gido

Second Unit
Thanks Nick, if one of the mod's could possible move this thread to the appropriate forum section I would greatly appreciate it.

Don Peskin

Stunt Coordinator
I've seen this thing offered on QVC.
You might want to try them out as they have a 30 day return policy

Brian Johnson

Supporting Actor
Cool machine. If you do happen to get this thing report back on how it works. I see its tiny in size, but looks like it can make some popcorn.
Just the other day someone asked where my popcorn machine was. I think I may have found one :D
Brian

Jack Keck

Second Unit
I was going to sue all of the manufacturers fo all hot air poppers for stealing my method of poppping pop corn.
I talk to it.:D Pops perfectly every time.

John Gido

Second Unit
Well, I broke down and purchased this machine tonight. Looks cool out of the box. However, if you are looking to supply popcorn to more that 2 people, this is not the machine for you. Also, when using the recommended amount of kernels, once the machine starts working and the corn starts popping, ALOT of unpopped kernels are forced out of the machine as the kernels are popped. Can also be quite messy as some kernels continue to pop in the bowl.

Overall, for the price ($39.95 at Bed Bath & Beyond here in NJ, $49.95 most everywhere else) it's not a bad machine.

Jack Keck

Second Unit
That depends on how cool the machine looks to you. You can get a hot air popper that shoots the popcorn into a bowl for under $20. That's what I've been using for years.

Spray some Pam or whatever to make the salt, or whatever you use stick and you're set. I prefer Parmasean cheese. There is a popcorn supply pace near me that sells the finely ground popcorn salt in quart containers.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Phoneman66
Recent bookmarks