What's new

Heroes - Season Four ("Redemption") (1 Viewer)

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
Originally Posted by Jeremiah

I just don't see why Parkman would not want to use his mind reading abilities as a cop, in those situations. I can see not wanting to control peoples minds but c'mon, you don't want to read their thoughts and find out where the drugs(or whatever is)? Find that lame and bugged me the entire time he was on screen.
I'm with you. I've always liked Greg Grunberg/Parkman in this show but it's tough to sympathasize with the character when he seems to be creating more problems for himself. I can understand that he doesn't want to use his powers to spy on his wife but when he thinks a kid may be in danger, I couldn't think of a reason for him to not use his powers immediately.

MarkMel

Senior HTF Member
The mind reading is just the gateway drug - he starts using that and then it's not far to mind control and making people think they're other people. ;)

Jeff Cooper

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jeff Cooper
Well they pretty much gave a good explanation this episode on why he shouldn't use his mind powers. Now he knows he can't trust the results if he does, which makes it pretty useless, and dangerous to use.

Tim Tucker

Screenwriter
Real Name
Tim Tucker
The reason he can't trust the powers now is that Sylar can hijack them.

I think Parkman is seeing his powers as more like psychic rape -- a kind of violation he's getting more and more uncomfortable with.

gushin

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Gustavo Hinojosa
Originally Posted by Patrick Sun

Could that grave be any more shallow?
When it was being dug by the killer it looked quite deep. Then when the arm pops out and the camera pans to the body I thought the exact same thing.

Tim Tucker

Screenwriter
Real Name
Tim Tucker
I actually like the Hiro story in this week's episode. For a change, the comedy came from the character, instead of just being tacked on as comic relief. I think he learned a good lesson that treating the symptom (the xeroxing) was not the same as dealing with the underlying problem (hating the job).

JonZ

Senior HTF Member
"Carnivale."

Carnivale is still a Carnival. :)

Anyway Im on the first episodes of S4 and have enjoyed the show for the most part. Theres alot I dont like, and I agree that the show really lost alot of focus and has alot of missteps. I HATE time travel - but for the most part Ive enjoyed the show.

Tired of:
Noah, Hiro,Claire, Nathan, Matt,Angela

WTF??? to killing:
Knox,Elle, Daphne, Adam, Vortex guy

Dont understand why theyve focused on characters who stopped being interesting awhile ago and killing off ones who were interesting. It introduces some ideas and then drops them, or cant make up its mind about what to do.Or just plan makes mistakes - like Claire blood being a cure for instance. Terrible idea.Mohinder being given powers.Dumb. I loved the idea of Matts father doing Arthur Ps bidding, taking orders while he was in a coma. Cool idea... next episode Arthur was up and walking around and Adam and Matts father(who was a cool villian) was dead. Oh well.

I know alot of people have complained about Sylar but except for his breif good guy/Hunger thing, Ive really enjoyed him. Sylar shoudl always kind of be out there. Doing his thing. Hes actually been less interesting when involved with the heroes of the story.I enjoyed the search for his father thing quite a bit.

Enjoyed S1. Except for Hiros story, I liked S2. S3 started badly and theres alot wrong with it, but I enjoyed quite a bit of it. Would be a much better show if there kept the number of episodes down, we'd have alot less padding and tighter stoylines. Part of the problem is I dont think his show needs 20+ episodes to tell the story.

mattCR

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt
Carnivale is still a Carnival. :)

Damn I still miss that show. Then again, I could imagine any of those people absolutely destroying the current cast of Heroes.. and as far as a tormented villain, if they ever had anything as gripping and fairly terrifying as Brother Justin, I'd tune in week after week.

JonZ

Senior HTF Member
How can you not love Clancy. You know, I had no idea he did the voice for Mr Crab on Spongebob until only a couple weeks ago. I was at a friends house and he brought Spongebob up on tivo for his son, and I noticed Clanys name.

Word is a The Goon animated film is in the works, and I believe Clancy will be doing The Goons voice as well. .

mattCR

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt
When you're desperate, bring out the lesbians!

Claire and her roommate activate new "powers" in hopes of activating new viewers.. sadly, this smacks more of desperation then anything else. It appears everyone here was right, it was bound to happen.

Yep, have to love Clancy. We re-watched Carnivale today in a marathon on the Bluerays. Great, great stuff. Brother Justin is one of the most terrifying characters ever because it's easy to see how he warps people.

But watching it, I realized that Heroes has went the wrong way, and dropped the obvious ball. They brought it up ONE time, and it never happened again, where someone with powers tried to set themselves up as a messenger from God, and used their powers to influence people.
That storyline could be compelling and complicated.. do they really believe they have been blessed? Do they view it as a scam that gets them over? Or are they truly corrupt & evil and using people as pawns..

Heroes has been so surface level since Season 1, that it has never really touched on the consequences of what these people think about themselves and their powers beyond really simplictic, almost mentally challenged viewpoints. I'm sorry, but Hiro comes across more and more as though he took a hard hit to the head as a kid or something. I keep imagining a Kids in the Hall sketch where someone gets kicked by a horse..

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
I thought I was watching a super-powers version of "Veronica Mars" with the Vanessa reveal. I was wondering how Vanessa kept the note invisible (how do her powers work with inanimate objects, as she was shown to keep some of them invisible or visible, I guess she can inflict invisibility at will).

Was sort of bored with the Sylar subplot.

We finally find out Filing girl can harness music into force (almost like Cyclop can emit concussive force blasts with his eyebeams). I was hoping her and Peter were going to play "chopsticks" at the piano. Nice nod to "The Greatest America Hero" meets "Glee" moment there.

I don't miss Parkman or Hiro or Ando, too bad Hiro had to break the good times at the end. But Hiro did get Olivia Munn's number.

The look on Claire's face after the kiss was priceless.

Mikah Cerucco

Senior HTF Member
Wait, are you saying she does, or you're hoping? I kept trying to figure out where I'd seen her before. It didn't come to me.

I was tentatively OK with the Sylar thread. I'd give the Claire thread a 5 at most. The Peter thread was OK, but I think he'd rather have super speed. His mom's preoccupation with Nathan probably made him feel like Nathan's more important to her, but while there may be some truth in that, this was all about her worrying about Sylar emerging. The visual effect of the music was nice ,but I felt like I was watching it too much.

The Carny is increasingly shown to have some people who do some pretty evil things. Pushing a girl out a window just to manipulate Claire?

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
The Sylar story wasn't riveting but other than that, I liked this episode. I think having so few characters in the episode helped it because they could focus on a few stories rather than trying to juggle 6 stories in 40 minutes. I do like the idea of Sylar getting involved with the carnival characters.

I'll be the first to say that the way that NBC marketed the Claire kiss was an incredibly desperate attempt at getting ratings. Maybe I'm just jaded but two girls kissing isn't even remotely enough to get me to tune into a TV show. All that being said, I do think that in the context of the episode, the scene did work.

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
Originally Posted by Mikah Cerucco
Wait, are you saying she does, or you're hoping? I kept trying to figure out where I'd seen her before. It didn't come to me.
No, she makes her clothes invisible or Claire would have seen an empty dress standing there. That's common for invisibility on shows, but if she can do it for clothes, she can do it for a note*.

Originally Posted by TravisR
I'll be the first to say that the way that NBC marketed the Claire kiss was an incredibly desperate attempt at getting ratings. Maybe I'm just jaded but two girls kissing isn't even remotely enough to get me to tune into a TV show.
I don't watch the ads, I knew it was going to be her and Gretchen, and I was still hoping I was somehow wrong and it was going to be her and that former cheerleader who almost got skewered. I know some of you find Gretchen attractive, but she makes my skin crawl.

* - Not really. It's up to the writers how it's handled, and clothing could be an exception just because it's easier. Though, since we know the note was hidden, it looks like she can extend it to other inanimate objects.

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
I thought of something recently in the news, but I won't say what due to forum rules. Mmm, mmm, mmm. I'm walking on air.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks