What's new
Signup for GameFly to rent the newest 4k UHD movies!

Heroes Season 2 thread (1 Viewer)

Hugh Jackes

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Hugh Jackes

I was just there in May (adopting my two daughters, thank you). Noah and the Haitian were standing outside the Kremlin in Moscow, in Alexander's Gardens.

Please support HTF by using one of these affiliate links when considering a purchase.

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
I'm sure that the Ukrainian is a very bad man, but the scene where the Haitian starts erasing his memory with the day he met his wife was just heartbreaking. H.R.G.'s been a good guy for so long that I forgot just how dynamic of a bad guy he could be. Clearly he still has no problems making the kind of morally questionable decisions that Suresh was faced with. His "I know" after he kills the man was equally heartbreaking.
The storyline with Monica and Suresh reminded me strongly of the Tuskegee experiment with Syphilis. It was her trust that ultimately undid Mohinder. But does he really think he can just walk away? I don't trust Bob's little spiel one bit. Who is Adam Monroe? Is he in the photograph of the Company founders?
I wondered what was up with the head cheerleader. She was clearly threatened by Claire for some reason. Still, Claire's vindictive little scheme to exploit the bitch's efforts to help shows she's got more of H.R.G.'s killer instinct than she's probably like to admit. And I still don't trust West. At least Claire had the decency to feel bad about it.
Speaking of people I don't trust, Sylar is creepy as hell. The way he's already got Maya wrapped around his little finger is deliciously horrible.
I'm glad that Peter's finally on the move again. As inherently interesting as his character is, I've had enough of him hiding out and not doing anything. First with the mysterious note from Adam Monroe on the mirror in Montreal the the evacuated Times Square in 2008, his story jumped from near the back of the pack into first place. It looks like, with the evacuation notice, "Heroes" has it's season cliffhanger — albeit five episodes too late. Poor New York...

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Who saw how Hiro's subplot just went down? A kiss that could have wrecked the time/space continuum.

HRG is one hardcore man on a mission. Obviously the Haitian is totally onboard with the mission because he was no qualms about removing memories.

Nikki and Suresh, another odd couple.

Nice vPod endorsement moment with Monica.

Poor Alejandro, he'll never see it coming when Sylar gets his mojo back, or decides Alejandro is expendable, nasty is Sylar's middle name.

Claire and West was the weakest subplot. Bring it On - Heroes style.

Peter's amnesia and power spurts have him and his lady bouncing around in time and space.

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
Sylar and HRG's scenes were great. Ando wanting to hear the story was very funny and I actually found Claire and West's prank funny too. I'm still liking Monica since she seems like the most regular person who is caught up in the craziness of having super powers.

For me, this episode showed that they've picked up some steam especially with the last scene. Based on that and the commercial it looks like the virus crosses over into the regular population and kills most people.
It took a quarter of the season but they've got a big story going. My guess is that the next couple of episodes are going to be real kick some butt.

Holadem

Senior HTF Member
Ugh. I guess I just have to resign myself to the fact that Heroes has dramatically slowed down and this is just how it's gonna be. Ah well.

--
H

Jose Martinez

Screenwriter
Real Name
Jose Martinez

One of the paintings clearly show Claire lying on the steps which was in this episode. Another is the vile that Suresh was holding (I think). Can't remember what the others were but will have to check my recording.

Looks like the definition of hero may not be so clearcut for this show but loved this episode anyway.

Richard_D_Ramirez

Second Unit
Anyone catch the japanese banners/standards hanging on the wall as Peter and Caitilin enter the building? Interesting who this Monroe person could be. Peter knows him, and the Company's looking for him.

Finally, the story is kicking in... probably all a result of that kiss...

PhilipG

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
PhilipG
Slow episode for me. Perhaps the weakest so far. The set-up on the evil cheerleader was extremely lame IMO.

Anyone else reckon that the company guy's "dead" daughter is SparkleGirl (Veronica Mars), and that HRG is gonna be in a lot of trouble as a result?

Lou Sytsma

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Lou Sytsma
Random thought - why would a girl in Ireland think a painting with French street signs would be in Montreal? Wouldn't her first thought be somewhere in France? Otherwise the show is still interesting but nowhere near the level of season one.

And that last scene - New York in peril again? Puh-leeze!

Michael Harris

Screenwriter
I liked that Clair used her power to mess with the head cheerleader. It was the first time I recall her doing something that was self-serving. Just the thing a pissed off teenage girl would do.

She made a connection with the French street signs and Peter's ticket to Montreal in the box. Rather astute of her, actually.

Joe*A

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Joe

I fully agree - I loved the 1st season. There is NOTHING happening in this season with respect to major plot line. In Season 1, we had "save the cheerleader, save the world" theme running thru-out. What's the plot line here? I hope the show picks up. I want to see some major climaxes happening in each issue...errr... episode.

Joe*A

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Joe

Some of the characters are actually out of character especially in last night's episode - Claire and Sheresh.

NeilO

Senior HTF Member
I didn't take a good enough look at the paintings, but at the Heroes wiki synopsis of the episode http://heroeswiki.com/The_Line they say they saw "the remaining six paintings." Now my question is why was the painting there of HRG dead on the ground? I thought that painting was in New York where Mohinder saw it. Or are there two subtly different paintings of that? The first painting in this series was Kaito's death.

Eventually, I expect we should see those paintings at http://heroeswiki.com/Isaac%27s_paintings

Neil

NeilO

Senior HTF Member
I thought that was well done. They could have got her on the drinking in a more straightforward fashion, but having her exhibit a "drunken hallucination" really brought the point home.

Neil

Scott-S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott
What sort of cheerleader would be drinking liquor from a brown paper bag in front of everyone? That was just weird writing. They could have come up with something a little more real? Sure, I was glad Claire got her revenge, but I just didn't buy this girl drinking straight from the brown paper bag bottle like a hobo.

Does anyone else think that the Irish lass will end up having a power? After all, how many other people are there on this show with no powers? I even suspect Ando will end up having a power eventually.

MichaelD

Stunt Coordinator
Is it Nikki or Jessica that survived the treatment? Didn't seem like Nikki to me. Also, any possibility that not only can Claire and Kensei not be killed but that they are immortal. Any shot of Kensei being alive today?

Holadem

Senior HTF Member
The more I think about it and the angrier I get about how dumb this once awesome series has become. I feel like I have been avoiding the ugly truth until last night, when I could no longer escape it. The series used to just hurtle forward with a purpose, no holds barred. I used to count the days till next monday. Now it feel like looking forward to the next dissapointment.

I know Hiro can do no wrong for many of you guys (for reasons that remain unfathomable to me) but really, did you truly, honestly enjoy his subplot last night??!!

There is not one episode that I can recall last season that sucked as bad as last night's. Nor is there was there a strech of eps as bad as this season so far.

Heroes is as heavily plot-driven as they come. But I think somehow the writers have become enamored with the characters at the expense of plot. So now we're supposed to give a shit about Hiro's romantic aspirations or Claire's social integration. What the fuck :thumbsdown:.

--
H

Joe*A

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Joe

"Holadem", you couldn't have said it better. I've been so friggin' bored lately. Please please please get Hiro out of feudal Japan - what a waste of story telling. There was only one scene that had guts this year and that had something to do with Claire and a pair of scissors.

I think the problem is that there are too many story lines with no real connection. Last year's storylines for each character were distinct but were connected at the same time because of what was to happen to New York.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Josh.1983
Recent bookmarks