Heroes Season 2 thread

Discussion in 'TV Shows' started by NeilO, Jun 20, 2007.

1. Greg_S_H

Greg_S_H Executive Producer

Greg
    I never really minded Micah or DL. It was Larter who brought me down. Micah could be annoying, but I liked him last night, too. Other than literally jumping up and down when Monica was jump roping. That was a bit much.

2. TravisR

TravisR Studio Mogul

Yeah, I liked Micah and D.L. too. They've also apparently rendered Nikki's victory over Jessica in the finale meaningless since Jessica can still take control of Nikki.

3. Chris Roberts

Chris Roberts Stunt Coordinator

Other than NY not exploding, what part of the finale hasn't been rendered meaningless?

[rant]
    Also none of the new characters are grabbing me. They all seem too one-dimensional and so far utterly predictable (or at least not surprising). But that's not what's been bothering me overall. What is the plot this season? To save nine evil old people from getting killed by one of their own? To see paintings of them dying ahead of time even though characters die pretty frequently on the show already? Just give me something that hints at a bigger picture that preferably requires superpowers to be in the show.
    [/rant]

4. Rhoq

Rhoq Supporting Actor

Yeah, but when was the last time he was allowed to really be a "kid"? Up until now his life had been very unstable moving from place-to-place, on the run and/or being abducted and held prisoner in NYC. I was actually glad to see Micah enjoying himself last night.

5. Britton

Britton Supporting Actor

I also got that feeling from the way she delivered that line. On the other hand this IS Heroes where everyone is connected, so I'd almost expect her to be the daughter of an established character or one we haven't met but will play a large role in the events to come.

6. Richard_D_Ramirez

Richard_D_Ramirez Second Unit

I'm glad that Papa Parkman was able to "push" his son to further develop his abilities. I always thought Matt's ability was bit underdeveloped as "just a mind reader". With Matt now able to send out thoughts instead of just reading them (although in its infancy), he's already leapfrogged ahead of the other heroes on the "power scale".

7. EricW

EricW Cinematographer

Matt to his father: "so you can read thoughts too?"
    father: "yes"
    Matt: "so why did you have shotgun when we entered the room and act like you didn't know what was going on?"

hind sight is 20/20 [​IMG]

anyways, maybe we'll be seeing the company evolve into a good organization, or at least, it won't be all bad, just like the de-mystifying of the Others in Lost. and perhaps Mhinder will evolve into another kind of HRG. if they actually do help Molly, it would really earn some points in his eyes. just like when he realized Nikki went there on her own.

8. Jose Martinez

Jose Martinez Screenwriter

Matt needs a superhero name. So when the time comes we can call him Dark [fill in the blanks]. [​IMG]

Also, how in the world was Nathan able to carry Parkman all the way to Philly? He must have superstrength!

9. Holadem

Holadem Lead Actor

When did this happen? [​IMG]

--
    H

10. Josh Dial

Josh Dial Cinematographer

Josh Dial

???

This was shown in "Fight or Flight," when Matt "broke" into Nathan's mind and said something like "Nathan it's me!" He then appeared to, though it's not conclusive, to project the reality of them being in the apartment into Nathan's mind, effectively tearing down the nightmare.

11. Joe_H

Joe_H Screenwriter

The same exact thought ran through my head as soon as I saw the comic. Is it possible its an older issue though? I mean, Isaac had presumably been making the comic before season 1 started, right?

12. TravisR

TravisR Studio Mogul

I think Isaac also said that the book was ending (due to his impending demise) so it didn't sound like he intended to hand it off to a collaborator either. I guess it's best to say that it's an older issue. [​IMG]

13. Josh Dial

Josh Dial Cinematographer

Josh Dial

The issue we saw just before Isaac was killed by Sylar was called "the final issue," so I think it's safe to assume Micah simply had a back issue (although I guess they are all back issues now). After all, he's a big comic fan - I'm only mildly so, and I reread old issues all the time.

14. Richard_D_Ramirez

Richard_D_Ramirez Second Unit

Mohinder is a doofus. He was easily led on all of last season by essentially everyone, and I had high hopes of him breaking out of that mold at the start of this season by going "undercover". But he's back to having the wool pulled over his eyes. I don't believe for a second that the Company is or ever will be a kinder and gentler organization. And Nikki's being deluded as well to think they can "help" her. Exploit her is more like it.

Wasn't it just four months ago that the heroes took Molly, "the tracker", away from the Company so that others with abilities could be free from being used and experimented on? Now that she's back in the Company's clutches, how much harder is it going to be to get her out this time? HRG is risking his life and the lives of his family by going under, but Mohinder has blown that too by bringing Molly back.

Doofus.

15. Holadem

Holadem Lead Actor

I see. I completely missed the mechanisms of that scene. Thanks.

Regarding the comic: I never gave it a second thought. It's an older issue. End of story [​IMG]

BTW, whatever happened to Mrs Bennet's cerebral issues (resulting from countless mind erasures by Haitian)? There is potential for some good conflict there for Claire (better than freaking West anyway).

--
    H

16. Qui-Gon John

Qui-Gon John Producer

Did anyone consider the picture could also be New Orleans? There are large churches like that and also streets with french street signs. And that is where Micah & Monica are. Just another possibility.

Where does everyone think HRG was? Looked like Moscow.

17. BrettB

BrettB Producer

They stated where it was, Odessa.

18. Greg_S_H

Greg_S_H Executive Producer

Greg

I think some handsome young gentleman did offer up that possibility, but I can't remember his name right now. [​IMG]

19. Qui-Gon John

Qui-Gon John Producer

Greg, sorry, missed that one. I saw others speculating about Montreal, and because his ticket was to there. But that may be a red herring.

20. Holadem

Holadem Lead Actor

...in Ukraine. Why are you trying to confuse folks? [​IMG]

--
    H