What's new

Heroes season 1 thread (2 Viewers)

Scott-S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott
The discussion between the Cheerleader and the guy with the camera when they were walking away from filming the jumps makes it seem like she was deeply depressed. It sort of felt like the guy knew she tried to hurt herself and was trying to talk her out of it by pointing out that she is popular etc. So I guess I am saying that I too got the impression that she first learned about this ability by attempting suicide.

John_Lee

Supporting Actor
Those wondering why what happened with Ali Larter's alter ego, remember she took the video camera with her. I imagine we'll see what was filmed in future episodes.

Mike_G

Screenwriter
Real Name
Mike

I love the discussion of how impossible things in a fictional story are supposed to map onto our reality.

Why can't people just enjoy the story for what it is?

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
The pilot was apparently the highest rated premiere in five years. I'm not surprised; my mother singled this show out as one she'd make an effort to catch. That kind of cross-demographic penetration always bodes well.

Ken Chan

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ken
It was "NBC's highest 18-49 for any fall drama premiere in five years" which while still good for the show, quite a bit more qualified.

Phil Florian

Screenwriter

I am still with the "she was suicidal" crew on this. This was the first attempt at filming her trying to die as the camera kid was clearly shocked ("I nearly fudged myself") and surprised and what happened. Her other attempts were nasty and in any situation would have killed a normal person. The difference between this and jumping off the building is that one is suicidal and the other was a leap of faith. He was so sure, so willing to believe in his powers that he would take the biggest leap of faith to prove it. The cheerleader was clearly at rock bottom and was trying to end it and found out, quite accidentally, that she had superpowers. If the attempts weren't enough to convince, her litany of upcoming stressful events of prom, testing, etc. surely showed that the stress was getting to her.

As for her dad, I am sure he knows about his adopted...or created-in-a-lab??... daughter or at least has hopes about it. I still think she is "patient zero" that the Indian professor was talking about. Or at least the "bad guy" version of it.

Eric_Connelly

Second Unit
I just watched it a few minutes ago.

I am really suprised at the reaction. I really enjoyed the show and thought a lot more people would have.

I was actually going to delete it off the DVR since we recorded pretty much everthing that was new this year but a lot of people at work were saying how good it was so we watched it.

See how it goes.

Mikah Cerucco

Senior HTF Member
I plan to watch it as well, as I enjoyed it.

That doesn't mean I can't also read and enjoy the critical feedback some have of the show. Specifically, sometimes I"ll like a show that is weak in some area that I either don't care about or am not aware of. That's especially true of writing, since I'm not a writer, and don't normally think in terms of "good writing" -- especially as it relates to dialogue. Still, that's what growth is all about, and sometimes you have to have something pointed out to you in order to know it. Sometimes, you just don't know what you don't know.

It's like Pulp Fiction. The first time I saw it, one of the coolest, most oringinal things I'd ever seen. It's one of my 10 favorite movies. However, as I read about it over the years, I learned more about the... "homages" and such contained within the movie. OK, so everything in the movie isn't an original idea. As a movie lover, it's OK for me to know that. Still, it doesn't change that Pulp Fiction is one of my 10 favorite movies.

So I say read the cricism of Heroes, but go right on loving it if it works for you despite whatever issues it may have. I plan to.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Nora Zehetner could be Rachel Bilson's sister, they really share similar looks.

Found the episode pretty compelling, and they do leave you wanting more.

Hiro cracks me up.

Parkman can't buy a break. He's got to be the unsexiest telepath ever.

Flying bro's seems weird, but I guess if their genes come from the same mix, I guess, why not.

Anyone see "GATTACA" streaming from that hard drive's contents?

pitchman

Screenwriter
Real Name
Gary
I thought it was interesting that Niki said Micah's dad was not in a position to help them. Just out of curiosity, do you think it is possible that... Micah's dad is Mohinder and that he and Niki either still are or were married? Since Niki would probably not be aware he was back in the U.S., that would account for her remark.
Or, am I barking up the wrong tree?

Best bit of the night - -
Hiro has a MMMS membership card?? :eek:
Man, I wish I still had mine!

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
I'm sure it won't be hard for Parkman to clear his name. "How did you know the girl was there" being the only evidence against him is fairly flimsy. I'm sure he can establish an alibi, though we obviously don't know that yet. He could have locked himself away to study for his test or something. Still, if he keeps his cool during the interrogation, he should be able to read if they're trying to trick him into saying something incriminating.

Anyway, yeah, the scooped out brainpans were a little surprising for TV.

Hiro's my favorite so far. The MMMS thing was great.

David Williams

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David Williams
I know I'm gonna be in the minority on this one, but TPTB over at Lost could learn a thing or two from Kring & Co. That was a freakin' fantastic episode. :emoji_thumbsup:

I think the dead guy that Nikki dug up is most likely her ex. Her psychic double definitely seems to be a smarter cookie than Nikki. Without supernatural intervention, she was one move away from an entry in the 2006 Darwin Awards.

The serial killer, Siler, is obviously packing some serious powers. It would appear from the LA crime scene that he, at the very least, posseses the powers of telekinesis and thermokinesis.

paul_v

Second Unit
Great episode! The Hiro revelation at the end was totally unexpected...but I guess it should have been giving his powers.

One thing that's shocking is the level of gore! Holy cow...skulls sawed open and brains sucked out...mobsters sawed in two...people pined up on a wall like a church bulletin...this is one super hero show that's not for the kiddies.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks