Heroes season 1 thread

Discussion in 'TV Shows' started by Andres Munoz, Jul 14, 2006.

1. Walter C

Walter C Cinematographer

Walter
    I lowered my expectations for the 2nd episode, after reading Matt Roush's column on TV Guide. But as it turned out, I thought the 2nd episode was just as good as the 1st one, and I can't wait until next week.

2. Jason_V

Jason_V Producer

Jason
    This is probably something very very small and somewhat petty, but I really enjoy the opening of every episode with the title being a chapter number and then a word or two. It reminds me-most likely intentionally-of a comic book.

I wasn't overly fond of last week's episode, but last night's was much better. It was great to see Stacy Hadiuk on TV again in the Parkman storyline.

At any rate, got me for a couple more weeks at least.

3. Andres Munoz

Andres Munoz Cinematographer

I completely agree...and l'm really digging the show in part because of it.

So I'm confused about Hiro's powers. At first it seemed like he could stop time, then it seemed like he could teleport but now it seems that he can travel in time back and forth.

The 2 brothers being able to fly just make things a lot more interesting.

Man this show is good.

4. Jason Seaver

Jason Seaver Lead Actor

He can break the space-time continuum, which encompasses all that.

The gore's a little surprising, but not inconsistent considering Kring's past work - it occasionally showed up in Strange World (although he just created that one, with Tim Minear and Manny Coto running the show), and Crossing Jordan has some grisly autopsies (and used to have have gory jokes, too, but it got grimmer over the years).

5. Andres Munoz

Andres Munoz Cinematographer

Damn, so that Hiro is one tough motha...

6. Mikah Cerucco

Mikah Cerucco Cinematographer

Interesting the mention of "Lost" because I can't help but having a similar feel when watching Heroes. The way it leaves so much unknown and dribbles out bits of information each week. I didn't watch the Lost broadcast that first season. I watched the whole first season on DVD. By then, I knew enough about the show to be able to follow it from week to week. I'm starting to wonder now if I need to watch Heroes the same way. I like the show, but I'm having trouble keeping track of what's going on from week to week. I've already watched the first episode again and I'm seeing relevant things I didn't see the first time through. I might just end up watching this on DVD when the season is done.

7. Doug Schiller

Doug Schiller Supporting Actor

Not much has changed for me after the 2nd show but it is interesting enough that I'll give it a few more episodes.
    Observtions:
    Boy, that cheerleader is lucky she can't be hurt, she would have died a few times already.
    Getting tackled will snap your neck around?
    They practice full speed while you have the entire school on the football field?
    I still have no clue on Ali Larter except her kid must have super Jeri Curl power.
    Arresting the cop that found the girl at the crime scene was too much of a reach. They would quietly taken him in, not created a scene.
    The Hiro stuff is the most interesting.
    Boy, did they set the record for the most 1/2 severed heads in one show? I felt like I was watching a George Romero movie.

8. Scott-S

Scott-S Cinematographer
    Supporter

Scott
    I like the show but am not liking how slow it is developing. I do not need another Lost in my schedule. I hate having to concentrate during a show. I feel like it is a school class and if I don't catch everything I will not know what is happening. That is too much pressure for "entertainment".

Am I the only one who thinks that the cheerleader has a really big face?

9. Patrick Sun

Patrick Sun Moderator

Well, some people watch TV to be engaged in the subject matter, not merely entertained by it.

10. David Williams

David Williams Cinematographer

I was thinking the same thing. Great character actress.

Last night's ratings are in and Heroes fared pretty well. Last week the show pulled in 8.8/13 & second place in total viewers for the hour. This week it retained almost 90% of its audience from last week wtih 7.6/11 & second place but the show continued to be first in the all-important 18-49 demographic for the hour.

11. LarryDavenport

LarryDavenport Cinematographer

I would vote Heroes as the best New Drama of the year. It is compelling from beginning to end and next Monday can't come soon enough. It has been a long time since my Monday night has been so full. Six straight hours! (Wire in the Blood, The Class, How I Met Your Mother, Heroes, Studio 60, and The Daily Show/Colbert Report).

And This Just In...

Garbage Disposal Maker Sues NBC Over 'Heroes' Scene Company says its product cast 'in unsavory light'

The company that makes In-Sink-Erator garbage disposers is suing NBC, claiming that an episode of the new show "Heroes" makes the product look bad.

Appliance maker Emerson filed the lawsuit in a St. Louis federal court Monday, seeking to block rebroadcasts of the "Heroes" pilot. In the episode, a high-school cheerleader (Hayden Panettiere) who has the ability to withstand injury sticks her hand into an In-Sink-Erator while it's running, mangling her fingers (which return to normal within a few seconds).

Emerson's suit claims the scene "casts the disposer in an unsavory light, irreparably tarnishing the product" by suggesting that serious injuries will result "in the event consumers were to accidentally insert their hand into one."

The suit, however, is more about NBC's use of the In-Sink-Erator name than the content of the scene, the company says. "It's a trademark thing," spokesman Dan Callahan tells the St. Louis Post-Dispatch.

NBC hasn't commented on the suit.

Emerson is asking for a ruling barring future broadcasts of the pilot, which is available on NBC's website and has already aired on NBC Universal-owned cable networks USA and Sci Fi. It also seeks to block NBC from using any Emerson trademarks in the future.

12. Adam Lenhardt

Adam Lenhardt Executive Producer

Well, why don't they install one in the courtroom, turn one on, and have their attorney stick his hand in to prove NBC wrong...

13. Charlie Campisi

Charlie Campisi Screenwriter

You never know how many 12 year olds will be influenced by a tv show to run out and buy garbage disposals... I know when I was that age and had 50 bucks burning a hole in my pocket, that's what I'd be buying.

14. Chris Lockwood

Chris Lockwood Producer

Yeah, are they trying to say it's OK to stick your hand in a running disposal?

15. Joseph DeMartino

Joseph DeMartino Lead Actor

Joseph DeMartino

All-in-all I'm enjoying the show a lot.

Regards,

Joe

16. Greg_S_H

Greg_S_H Executive Producer

Greg

Where do you get this almost instant rating information?

17. Jason_V

Jason_V Producer

Jason
  18. Scott-S

Scott-S Cinematographer
    Supporter

Scott
  19. Shawn Shultzaberger

Shawn Shultzaberger Supporting Actor

Has anyone noticed all the clues if that's what they are?

The first oddity is the scene where the little boy is at the school. He's sitting in a chair and reading a "9th Wonders" comic book.

The next one is where Hiro finds himself in the "9th Wonders" comic book.

The next one is the wierd "S" shaped style painting with clouds the guy did in his loft. It's an S with two lines thru the middle of it.

The next one is that same weird "S" shaped symbol being displayed in the genetic code sequence thingy being view off of that USB jump drive by Suresh and the girl.

And the last one is that same weird "S" shaped symbol in the swimming pool made by the pool hose and some floaties.

What are all these clues for???????

20. Scott-S

Scott-S Cinematographer
    Supporter

Scott
    I am betting that is Syler's symbol.