What's new

help: pc to av receiver no picture at startup (1 Viewer)

road

Auditioning
Real Name
gerard
Please help... I have a pc (motherboard Gigabyte GA-A75M-D2H) connected to HDMI 1 on the av receiver (Yamaha RXV373). The avr outputs to the tv (LG42PJ250R) with HDMI When I turn on the pc, I can see to bootup on the tv. But once it reaches the Windows desktop, the picture disappears. I can still hear audio, as I can hear the startup sound played by Win7. If I switch the avr's input from HDMI 1 to AV5 and back to HDMI 1, then the picture comes back. Strangely, If I switch from HDMI1 to HDMI2 and back to HDMI1, the picture remains missing. What can I do to fix this?

schan1269

HTF Expert
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
I learned this one the other day... Microsofts "default" HD video is buggy. Find "another one" for a video driver. If using an "intel default" make sure you update the driver. Basically peripheral "drivers" are not part of Windows Update. You have to do them manually. There is almost this exact thread that was started yesterday. The guy has a Denon.

road

Auditioning
Real Name
gerard
I am using an AMD cpu with integrated graphics. I have the latest AMD and Gigabyte drivers. I cant find the thread you mentioned. Could you give me the link to it?

schan1269

HTF Expert
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
My bad, it is with an Onkyo(made "searching" difficult)...and I was on my phone earlier...but now that I'm on a 'puter... http://www.hometheaterforum.com/t/326648/windows-pc-does-not-recognize-onkyo-receiver-after-restart

road

Auditioning
Real Name
gerard
thanks for the link. unfortunately i dont think it addresses this problem as i have all the latest drivers from gigabyte (motherboard) and amd (cpu)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks