What's new

Help Me Sort Out My Speaker Collection (1 Viewer)

AHS123

Auditioning
Real Name
Alan Stein
To make a long story short, I've got way too many speakers... some were mine, some were inherited, some were given to me, some magically appeared.

Basically, I'm trying to piece together two home theater setups. One is going in a 12x20 room with the TV on one of the long walls. The other is for a 20x30 room with the TV again on the long wall.

I have two receivers that I plan on using... a Denon AVR-3313CI (7.2) and Denon AVR-E300 (5.1). I also have two Blu Ray players... an Oppo BDP-103 and a cheap LG that came free with one of the TV's. (Long story about the big Denon and the Oppo... suffice to say that my brother-in-law (who had some significant mental health issues) went into Magnolia needing $15 in cables and left with $4000 worth of hardware and installation).

I know I'm particularly short on center channels and subwoofers... and I'm up for selling any of the 'collection' (not that much of it has a ton of value). Just trying to piece together some decent sounding systems with minimal outlay.

The collection is a follows:

Floor Speakers:
2 x Advent 1 Speakers (refoamed)
2 x Cerwin Vega D5 (purchased new 30 years ago)
2 x Polk R30
2 x NHT 2.3A
2 x Bose 301
2 x KEF Q35

Bookshelf Speakers:
2 x B&W Series 200
2 x Boston Acoustics HD7
2 x Polk RTi6
4 x Cerwin Vega SA-150

Subwoofers:
Atlantic Technology T-70PBM
Technics SB-AS40
Sony SA-WMSP4

Center Channel:
Cerwin Vega (can't find the model number... 5" drivers and came with the SA-150's above)

Be brutal... and thanks in advance...

Dave Upton

Audiophile
Reviewer
Real Name
Dave Upton
Alan,

I would think the Polk/Kef and NHT would be hte best option for your L/R setups. You could sell the Advents, Cerwin Vega's and Bose, as well as the Polks or KEF's to buy one more of each speaker for a matched LCR, or you could use the KEF as your center channel.

If the center must be a horizontal layout, sell the rest and buy two center channels with the proceeds on usaudiomart or craigslist.

For surrounds, I would mix and match to get Polk & B&W in the 7 channel room, and use the Boston Acoustics in the 5 channel room. Sell the Cerwin Vega's and use the proceeds where it makes sense.

Subwoofer wise, i'd throw two in the larger system, and the best performing single unit in the smaller system.

Samuel1122

Auditioning
Real Name
Samuel
Picking the perfect measure of speakers for your home amusement framework resembles picking the immovability level for your side of a sleep number bed at the end of the day, it's to a great degree individual....

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks