What's new

help me configure my home theater (1 Viewer)

JasonBenway

Agent
I'm having my basement finished. They are starting on it Monday. The room is 20x12. A set of stair coming down is on one end and a egress window on the other.
I think I want a projector with a screen that pulls down from the ceiling. I want to be able to view DVD's,TV, and PS2 on this. I don't think I'm going to have HDTV for awhile. So it will be analog cable and digital cable.

For speakers I think I want to start with 5.1, but I'm going to have the installers run lines for 7.1

I would like a receiver that up converts from s-video to component, if they do not cost too much.

I'm all ears on models for the components or other ideas I may have missed.

I'm working on having a local home theater shop do my pre-wiring.

thank you,jb

Ed Moxley

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ed
Something you may not be thinking of ........................ the price of the bulbs, for the projector. That is why most people use their projectors for dvds, and tv watching and game playing, on regular tvs. Something to think about................... :)

JasonBenway

Agent
I thought you could get about 2000 hours with bulbs now. That's about 5 hours of viewing each day.
What's a bulb cost 200-300?

I like the idea of the 100 inch screen. From my lite research on flat panels, the biggest is about 40 inches if you don't want to pay 5000+

Thank you for your input.

jb

Wayne A. Pflughaupt

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Wayne
Never a bad idea to future-proof. You might want to check into whatever would be needed, wiring wise, should you ever upgrade to HDTV and get that in place too.

I would like a receiver that up converts from s-video to component, if they do not cost too much.
That’s a question best posted at our Receivers/ Separates/Amps Forum.

Regards,
Wayne A. Pflughaupt

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks