What's new

Help finding the right Receiver and any other help also great!!!! (1 Viewer)

PetersenJ

Grip
Real Name
Jason
I am looking at buying A JVC S120PII. I am also looking at buying some Infinity Primus 150's and a Primus C25. I have allready purchsed som RBH speakers for the back of the room. I decided to go with the In Ceiling speakers for the back to please my wife. If you have any other sugestions on something better I should buy for about the same price I would be more than greatfull for the advice. The JVC is about $200, 150's $80, C25 $90. I also am looking to get a receiver I have not decided how much I want to spend but I am on a budget, so if there is any help anyone can give me let me know.

Thanks
Jason

Seth=L

Screenwriter
Real Name
Seth L
what is this? "JVC S120PII"

What is your budget for a receiver?

PetersenJ

Grip
Real Name
Jason
The JVC S120PII is a sub it is a 12" sub. I have not decided yet I think I would like to stay at about $500.00 or less.

Seth=L

Screenwriter
Real Name
Seth L
You mean JBL. JVC does't really make subs.

Were are you getting the sub?

Alon Goldberg

Screenwriter
Real Name
Alon Goldberg
My favorite budger receiver is the Yamaha RX-V659, which can be found for around $350. This receiver will prove more than capable in driving your new bookshelf speakers, and it is packed with features for home theatre use.

FeisalK

Screenwriter
the $500 was the budget for the receiver. I'd say look at the Panasonic XR57 receiver ($285 from J&R, and put the extra $200 towards the PB10NSD)

Seth=L

Screenwriter
Real Name
Seth L
Definitely SVS or HSU for a sub. And I second the Yamaha or maybe an Onkyo.

FeisalK

Screenwriter

geez is the Primus only $80?? sounds like a great idea then! :emoji_thumbsup:

have you budgeted for cables? monoprice.com and radioshack stock decent value for money cables

PetersenJ

Grip
Real Name
Jason
Thanks for the help I do have some of the cables. I have alot of Monster cables that I used on my last system. What is your opinion on Banana Clips? I was thinking on getting some of them but I have not decided yet.

LanceJ

Senior HTF Member
I assume that means for everything?

Then my next thought would be: that's a lot of money left over to spend on a receiver that is going to power some rather small speakers. Personally I would pick a less powerful receiver ($250-$300 range) & use the left over money from that to buy a better subwoofer.

PetersenJ

Grip
Real Name
Jason
I have purchased the back speakers, RBH 6" in celling $100.00. I have purchased the front speakers, Infinity Primus 150 $100.00. I am looking at purchasing the Infinity C25 $125.00. I am still trying to decide on the Sub and the receiver. So all togater that leaves me with about $700.00 to spend on the Sub and the receiver. I know it is not alot but I have to make due with what I can.

LanceJ

Senior HTF Member
With that kind of money, you can still have a very good sounding system - it just won't reach screaming-loud levels or have diarrhea-inducing bass (bleh! :)).

BTW: Circuit is having a "blow-out" sale on all their Infinity gear. >>> The PS12 12" subwoofer is now only $300.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks