What's new

Hard Day's Night-Official Specs (1 Viewer)

Jeff Kleist

Senior HTF Member
Sorry, I don't have anywhere to upload the cover art, but it's silver with a box in the middle with the fab four's headshots in it and the title around it

STREET DATE-9/24/02
MSRP $29.99
MAP $19.95
Special Features

• An Original Documentary -- More than 30 Never-Before-Seen Minutes!

• 3 Commentary Tracks: Production, Cast, And Post Production

• The Running, Jumping, Standing Still Short Film!

• More Than 20 Minutes Of Exclusive Behind-the-Scenes Footage

• A Hard Day's Night Scrap Book

• A Hard Day's Night Music Retrospective

• More Than 20 Interviews With The filmmakers, Cast, And Crew!

Jeff Kleist

Senior HTF Member
Guess I should have checked out the new cover art section eh? :)
I spotted this while looking for something else, and I know how much people have wanted it

Patrick McCart

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Patrick McCart
Richard Lester (director) and the cinematographer prefer the film to be shown at 1.33:1.

Paul Rutan, who restored AHDN, has confirmed that 1.33:1 is correct, while 1.66:1 is ok for theaters. (1.85:1 will kill the film due to over cropping)

Rain

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rain
It is about time, isn't it?

I'm a little dubious about the full frame thing, but I suppose if that is the director's and DP's preference, I can't really complain.

KamyarB

Agent
I was out shopping today and i saw a Hard Day's Night DVD Region 2 for sale in a local store. The dvd cover was in Dutch but the language is in English with the option of Dutch subtitles. I noticed that it was also in DTS 5.1! Does anyone know if the region 1 DVD will also be in DTS or only Dolby Digital 5.1?
here is the link to the dvd and the shop i found it in...
http://www.freerecordshop.be/pages/p...roductID=82569
I don't think the DVD had all the extra's as the future Region 1 version, but i didn't really pay attention to that.
K

Charlie Essmeier

Stunt Coordinator
I saw this film at Rice University's Media Center in 1985. Richard Lester was in the audience, as he was there to take questions after the film. The film was shown at 1.33:1.

From this, and other information posted here, I think we can infer that 1.33:1 is as correct an aspect ratio as any.

Highlight of the evening: He said that during production he told John Lennon that he might have quite a film career ahead of him. Lennon's response: "It seems like such a silly thing to do."

Charlie

DanaA

Screenwriter
This is one of my most anticipated releases of the year. I'm just glad they finally settled on a release date. It's been pushed back too many times.

Marty M

Senior HTF Member
I still hate the cover on this DVD. I would have thought they could have at least found an alternative poster from the movie to use. This cover is so generic and boring. I will probably use the cover of my original version for this one.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks