What's new

Press Release Criterion Press Release: La Bamba (1987) (Blu-ray) (1 Viewer)

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
szPZ7qa3h2bZhXXmNOJfphyPpAVowO_large.jpg
The brief but incandescent life of rock-and-roll trailblazer Ritchie Valens is immortalized in this enthralling biopic from another Mexican American icon, Luis Valdez, the father of Chicano cinema. With sweetness and swagger, Lou Diamond Phillips embodies the 1950s California teenager who, forged by his fiercely supportive mother (Rosanna DeSoto) and rebellious brother (Esai Morales), rises from his farm-working roots to chart-topping fame in the early days of rock—until one fateful night that haunts music history. Propelled by a hip-shaking soundtrack featuring Los Lobos and Carlos Santana, La Bamba captures the electric vitality of an artist who bridged cultures to create his own American dream.

FILM INFO​

• United States
  • 108 minutes
  • Color
  • 1.85:1
  • English
  • Spine #1193

DIRECTOR-APPROVED BLU-RAY SPECIAL EDITION FEATURES​

• New 4K digital restoration, approved by director Luis Valdez, with 5.1 surround DTS-HD Master Audio soundtrack
    • Audio commentaries featuring Valdez, actors Lou Diamond Phillips and Esai Morales, and producers Stuart Benjamin, Taylor Hackford, and Daniel Valdez
    • New interview with Luis Valdez
    • Conversation between Valdez and filmmaker Robert Rodriguez from El Rey Network’s The Director’s Chair
    • Making-of program featuring cast and crew
    • Audition footage
    • Trailer
    • English subtitles for the deaf and hard of hearing and Spanish subtitles

New cover by Eric Skillman

September 26, 2023

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
Thank you for supporting HTF when you preorder using the link below. As an Amazon Associate, HTF earns from qualifying purchases. If you are using an adblocker you will not see link.

Last edited:

Rodney

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Great news! I missed out on Twilight Time's release. Looks like we get the same commentaries, and are only missing the Isolated Score Track and Julie Kirgo's liner notes.

jayembee

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jerry
Great news! I missed out on Twilight Time's release. Looks like we get the same commentaries, and are only missing the Isolated Score Track and Julie Kirgo's liner notes.

Same here. I dragged my feet about ordering it from TT, and it sold out from under me.

Stephen_J_H

All Things Film Junkie
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Stephen J. Hill
Great cast all around, and some solid musical performances from Brian Setzer [as Eddie Cochran], Howard Huntsberry [as Jackie Wilson], Marshall Crenshaw [as Buddy Holly], and of course, Los Lobos.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks