What's new

Hammer Horrors (1 Viewer)

Harry W

Stunt Coordinator
I just read on the DVD NEWS that Horror of Dracula and Curse of Frankenstein are to be released this year by Warner Bros.Specs and release date are fuzzy,but at least they COMIN AT YA.:D

Anthony Thorne

Supporting Actor
Yeah, the covers look very nice too. The word was that there would be some supplemental material, but Christopher Lee had for the moment declined to participate. That might change but I'm just happy to see these movies finally coming out on DVD. Can we take Lee's upcoming presence in ATTACK OF THE CLONES and THE TWO TOWERS as being the clincher that finally pursuaded Warner to bring them out?

They're not from Warner, but if we also see MACBETH and DON'T LOOK NOW on DVD this year (as announced) I'll be a happy cult-film loving camper.

Jeff_A

Screenwriter
I first caught this update over at DVD Talk. This is great news for Hammer fans as Horror of Dracula is a true classic! I will certainly continue to support these (and future) releases with immediate pre-orders. :)

Steve Christou

Long Member
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve Christou
Yes yes release the horrors, the Hammer Horrors, especially starring Christopher Lee, Peter Cushing, and directed by Terence Fisher, and the naked vampire babes epics are a must have.;)
"I vant to suck your blood!"
"Oh yeah baby yeah! oi hang on, you're using a straw?"
Attack of the Horny Vampires(1972)

Jay E

Senior HTF Member
I'm crossing my fingers that these 2 films will make it out on DVD this year. I don't want to see another Omega Man situation happening with these. I'm happy to see that Warner is finally starting to see what great Horror titles they have in their library:emoji_thumbsup: Maybe they will start to release some classics from the 30's & 40's as well.

Brandon Gantt

Second Unit
On his official website Christopher Lee again denies any involvement. He declined because of the supposed unprofessionalism of the DVD production team. However, Warner may have gotten their hand on archive material with him.
Either way Mr. Lee is not happy that Warner purports to have his participation when they don't.
ChristopherLeeWeb

David Von Pein

Senior HTF Member
October 1st will be a great day for Hammer fanatics! :)
Great news from Amazon (pretty good prices here)! ......
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/B00006G8JZ/qid%3D1028173695/sr%3D11-1/ref%3Dsr%5F11%5F1/104-3019506-1961544
6302814669.01.MZZZZZZZ.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks