What's new

Theatrical Lisa Frankenstein (2024)

Jason_V

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason
Title: Lisa Frankenstein (2024)

Tagline: If you can't meet your perfect boyfriend…make him.

Genre: Comedy, Horror, Romance

Director: Zelda Williams

Cast: Kathryn Newton, Cole Sprouse, Liza Soberano, Henry Eikenberry, Carla Gugino, Joe Chrest, Jenna Davis, Joshua Montes, Bryce Romero, Trina LaFargue, Paola Andino, Jennifer Pierce Mathus, Joey Harris, Luke Sexton, Chris Greening, Mae Anglim, Ayla Miller, Jailyn Rae

Release: 2024-02-07

Runtime: 102

Plot: In 1989, a misunderstood teenager has a high school crush — who just happens to be a handsome corpse! After a set of playfully horrific circumstances bring him back to life, the two embark on a murderous journey to find love, happiness…and a few missing body parts along the way.

AMC showed Lisa Frankenstein last night as part of their Scream Unseen series. It's what a movie would be if John Hughes and Tim Burton collaborated. The cast is game for whatever the script gives them to do, but the turns in the plot don't make a ton of sense (why does the main character start to change from who she is at the beginning of the movie...I can assume why, but it's not shown; why is every single person aside from the main character a blubbering idiot...sure, the movie demands they have to not notice things the rest of us would see in an instant).

The production design is fantastic, though, and everything screams 1980's.

Wayne_j

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Wayne
I personally thought this 80's style dark comedy was a hoot. They even got the dad from Stranger Things to pretty much play the same part here. I see similarities with Beetlejuice and Heathers.

Movie information in first post provided by The Movie Database

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks