What's new

Gunsmoke and Bonanza (1 Viewer)

Dean Kloss

Agent
Just have a comment and a question for members. A few weeks ago Gunsmoke season 10 came out. The retail price was over $44 for a half season. I have only found vol 1 at Walmart for $19.99. I asked the electronics department about ordering and having in stock vol 2. They told me that they only get what they get and that's all. I can't figure out why in the case of these shows they would not order both sets. Why sol much money all of a sudden for these shows. On another note, more an FYI, also at Walmart, Bonanza season 7. Well again they only got vol 1 and no vol 2. When I purchased my copy the discs inside were vol 2!!!! I went to 3 Walmarts and we opened all the vol 1 sets. They all contained the discs for vol 2 inside vol 1, buyer beware!!!

LeoA

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Leo
Did you ever watch them? The discs might be labeled incorrectly.

Happened with a Playstation game back in the 1990's that included two discs. Each disc was labeled as the other for the entire production run.

Dean Kloss

Agent
Sure did, the episode guide inside the case had the titles on lt. The discs themselves have vol 2 titles and when played they have those shows on them.

smithbrad

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Brad
I received my complete Bonanza season 7 today from BN and the sets were correct. It came as two volumes with a paper sleeve around it saying it was a two pack value pack. Volume 1 contains 4 disks and volume 2 has five disks. How many disks did you receive?

Regarding the latest Gunsmoke and Bonanza at Walmart and Sam's Club. For Gunsmoke, I had first thought it might be because the guide and disk labels were off for a few episodes in Volume 2 and that they recalled it. The episodes play in order just the labeling is in error. This was the same issue noticed when aired in syndication recently on Encore. However, now I think it more likely just an error on Walmarts ordering department of not realizing it was a two volume set.

While I originally picked up Gunsmoke volume 1 at Walmart, I decided to order both the compete Bonanza and Gunsmoke volume 2 from B&N since they have a sale and with a coupon it comes out to about the same price as it would be from Walmart.

Dean Kloss

Agent
My Gunsmoke season 10 vol 1 is perfect. The discs are correctly labeled and track listings inside the jacket match perfectly. The Bonanza season 7 vol 1, had the track listings inside however the discs were all labeled vol 2 and contained the shows that should have been on vol 2 of the set. Since all the Walmarts I had been to had the same guts inside the cases they just gave me a full refund and will be sending the discs back to the manufacturer.

smithbrad

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Brad
It is Gunsmoke volume 2 that apparently has the mislabeling according to someone on Amazon. It stuck out with me because it was the same mislabeling issue when syndicated by Encore, so somehow the notes for those three specific episodes is off.

Dean Kloss

Agent
Brad, I took you advice and just went to Barnes and Noble and picked up both Bonanzas and vol 2 of Gunsmoke, me a happy camper!!!

JamesSmith

Senior HTF Member
For those of you who picked up Bonanza season 9, can you give a list of the extras?

James

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks