What's new

Grimm Season 2 (1 Viewer)

Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough
A friend of mine who lives on the West Coast told me today that the West Coast got a Grimm repeat from season one last night instead of "Ring of Fire."

Stan

Senior HTF Member
Yeah, on the West Coast we got the episode where Nick's mother goes crazy on Adalind's mother and finishes her off.

Guess I'll hit the website to see if I can catch the missing episode.

Stan

Senior HTF Member
Greg_S_H said:
You can't, because NBC is airing it next Friday.
I hope they are, I'd eventually like to catch up on missed episodes.

Dish Network doesn't show it, maybe NBC hasn't updated their schedule yet. All I see is Dateline at 9:00 and Rock Center with Brian Williams at 10:00.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
I had to manually set my HD DVR to record this Friday's episode which was originally scheduled for broadcast last Friday.

Dave Upton

Audiophile
Reviewer
Real Name
Dave Upton
Good catch! I wasn't going to record either if I hadn't looked. Sent from my Android phone on the HTF App!

Stan

Senior HTF Member
Either Dish or NBC updated their schedule, but it's now showing Grimm at 9:00 p.m., already on auto-record so I'm set.

PaulHeroy

Stunt Coordinator
What in the world has happened to the episode "Ring of Fire"? I got a new episode "Volcanalis" on the DVR last night. Figured I'd go to nbc.com and try to stream ROF, but it doesn't even show there at all. In fact, the episdoe guide for Grimm doesn't even show it, it has 217 "One Angry Fuchsbau" and then 218 "Volcanalis". What the heck happened to ROF?

PaulHeroy

Stunt Coordinator
Ok... after a little more looking it looks like ROF *is* Volcanalis, retitled. That's actually nice, b/c I forgot to remove the ROF recording from my DVR and it wouldn't have recorded the episode with the same title in place, I think.

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
Not one of the better episodes, IMO. It seems like one of those "phone it in" episodes series seem to generate once in a while as they ramp up to the finale.

The story was weak (precious rocks...really?), the baddie seemed out of character with the series and it seems like they really had to work to shoe-horn him into the Grimm mythology (was this based on a Grimm tale? I flipped through my anthology but couldn't match it up), and the solution was pretty obvious. Plus there was more Adalind crap that I don't give two squirts about. Keeping her around is dragging down the whole series.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Malcolm R said:
Not one of the better episodes, IMO. It seems like one of those "phone it in" episodes series seem to generate once in a while as they ramp up to the finale.

The story was weak (precious rocks...really?), the baddie seemed out of character with the series and it seems like they really had to work to shoe-horn him into the Grimm mythology (was this based on a Grimm tale? I flipped through my anthology but couldn't match it up), and the solution was pretty obvious. Plus there was more Adalind crap that I don't give two squirts about. Keeping her around is dragging down the whole series.
That's assuming if the majority of its audience agrees with you. She doesn't bother me quite as much as some folks around here.

Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough
While I'm no fan of Adalind, she's involved in a subplot that's moderately interesting now. That's more than can be said of Juliet whose storyline is of no interest to me whatsoever. I think the show has struggled for two years to find some things for the actress to do to keep her on the show.

Scott-S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott
I was wondering if the actor that plays Hank had an injury that made him miss most of the episode. I noticed they "wheeled" him out the door and into the elevator for his "vacation". It almost looked like he was in a wheelchair.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Matt Hough said:
While I'm no fan of Adalind, she's involved in a subplot that's moderately interesting now. That's more than can be said of Juliet whose storyline is of no interest to me whatsoever. I think the show has struggled for two years to find some things for the actress to do to keep her on the show.
I think you're right. Nick has too many incidents against Wesan for her to remain ignorant of his gift/curse going forward.

Steve Berger

Supporting Actor
I'm getting pretty good with the "skip" feature on my player to bypass Juliette and Adelind. I suspect the main purpose of the week's monster was to provide a background to incrementally (and painfully slowly) advance the sub-plots. ("Adelind", "Juliette", plus "The Royals", and "The Mother" waiting in the shadows)

Did they hire old "Soap Opera" writers? Way too many story lines for me. Most of them should have been wrapped up in a 2 or 3 story arc, IMHO.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks