What's new

Grimm Season 2 (1 Viewer)

WaveCrest

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Richard
Will be interested to read people's thoughts on tonight's second season premiere on NBC. Assuming it's still tonight that the second season of Grimm begins.

Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough
Originally Posted by WaveCrest /t/315821/grimm/150#post_3961667
Will be interested to read people's thoughts on tonight's second season premiere on NBC. Assuming it's still tonight that the second season of Grimm begins.

Yes, the second season premiere is tonight at 10 on NBC. I have read that this season is going to be darker and more relentless and violent than season one. Will look carefully to see if there is evidence of that in this first episodes of the new season.

David Weicker

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David
Why do people always talking about 'going darker' and 'more violent'. Why ruin a good show.
I've never seen anything where 'going darker' made it more enjoyable or something I want to watch.
David

Mark_B

Second Unit
Real Name
Mark
Originally Posted by WaveCrest /t/315821/grimm/150#post_3961667
I suppose they advertised the fact that this was starting during the Olympics. That's what I get for not watching them. I missed it. I see it will be rerun Friday. Since when do we start new seasons in August?

WaveCrest

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Richard
Originally Posted by Mark_B /t/315821/grimm/150#post_3962023
I suppose they advertised the fact that this was starting during the Olympics. That's what I get for not watching them. I missed it. I see it will be rerun Friday. Since when do we start new seasons in August?

It's not very often that a new season of a show on US network TV starts in August. Yes, they've started later in the autumn/fall or started mid-season, but not normally in August. This is based on what I've gathered/read over the years about US TV.

Would assume (and this may not happen) that NBC will repeat the season premiere again before NBC premiere the next new episode.

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
Yes, NBC is trying to get a jump on grabbing some of the TV audience that was hooked by their Olympic coverage to stick around and watch some of their shows. Traditionally, most US network series premiere their new seasons in mid/late September and end the following May.
I believe the plan is to run new episodes of Grimm for four weeks on Mondays at 10PM, then an encore in the show's regular timeslot, Fridays at 9PM. Then after four weeks, the new episodes will premiere on Fridays.
The ratings for the premiere were reasonably good considering it's really still "summer" in TV land. From TVbythenumbers dot com:
The Season 2 premiere of Grimm earned a 2.0 adults 18-49 rating, only a tenth lower than the season one premiere, which earned a 2.1 18-49 rating(its highest-rated episode to date).
I enjoyed the premiere, but was disappointed it was merely a Part I. I did think the creature effects got an upgrade (i.e. higher budget) from last season.

Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough
Originally Posted by Malcolm R /t/315821/grimm/150#post_3962379
I enjoyed the premiere, but was disappointed it was merely a Part I. I did think the creature effects got an upgrade (i.e. higher budget) from last season.

Same here, but TO BE CONTINUED!!!! Really? REALLY!

Argh!

Steve Berger

Supporting Actor
MattH. said:
Same here, but TO BE CONTINUED!!!! Really? REALLY!
Argh!
I saw that when editing out the commercials. I'll wait a week to watch it. I HATE multi-part stories. Personally, I'm tired of dark, serialized dramas.

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
Great episode. Everything I want from Grimm--Nick being badass, Monroe getting the good lines. Hank's freaking out, but he'll never show it to the world outside his apartment. I hope we find out what the heck the captain is this year.

AlexF

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Alex
Greg_S_H said:
I hope we find out what the heck the captain is this year.
I suspect that the Captain (being of the Royal Families) is Human. It was mentioned that the Royals used Wesen and then used the Grimm to keep the Wesen in line.

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
I guess the question, then, is what side is he really on. And it comes down to what you're saying--he's playing both sides for his own advantage.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Originally Posted by AlexF /t/315821/grimm/150#post_3963269
I suspect that the Captain (being of the Royal Families) is Human. It was mentioned that the Royals used Wesen and then used the Grimm to keep the Wesen in line.
He's royal, human and something else.

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
Pretty momentous two-parter. We found out a little about the captain, said goodbye to a foe, and saw Rosalee become even more endearing. Nick will have to be extra cautious now that he's under the microscope. Staying vague 'cause I don't know when it airs in the UK.

Jeremiah

Screenwriter
It's been a great start to the season and has picked up where it left off. Very happy it has steadily improved and is becoming a solid show.

Adam Gregorich

What to watch tonight?
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Adam
I just finished watching the Blu-ray of Season 1 and very pleased with where season 2 is headed. Its going to be nice to find out more about how all the organizations (royals, grimms, reapers, etc) fit together.

spshultz

Supporting Actor
Real Name
John Ratzen
The little reveal of the Captain was exactly what I needed. It answered a big question but creates more. I love this show.
I can't wait to see what direction they go with Hank.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks