What's new

Grey's Anatomy ongoing thread (1 Viewer)

Chris

Senior HTF Member

"Where were you when Challenger happened?"

"Oh.. uh, I don't know.. uh, kindergarten?"

"NEXT!"

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
I remember seeing the footage on TV at the student center in college, just got out of class, probably around 11 a.m., and then walking back to my dorm room in a state of shock, and talked to others watching the footage over and over again on my dorm hall, just thinking how could this happen...but I digress...

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
How many of these interns are going to end up as ex-aliens? This is getting out of hand! Next thing you know, the cast of "Third Rock from the Sun" shows up...

Ken Chan

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ken
I thought Jason Behr and Katherine Heigl are no longer engaged. Still friends?

Chris

Senior HTF Member
Great episode. My wife & I commented how solid this show is becoming, some great moments of dialog.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
I wasn't sure if the UNOS would have the interns doing the pitch for organ donation. Aren't there guidelines as to who does the pitch?

George getting all nervous around the guy needing the liver transplant was played for nervous laughs.

I did like Meredith ripping into the neanderthal intern.

It looked like Callum Blue almost had a reaper come pop his soul after those nasty looking injuries.

The writers on this show really have some balls, especially with the dig at ER:

Paraphrased: "Don't fraternized with the ER interns, they don't know their ass from their esophagus"

LanieParker

Supporting Actor
Great episode. This show has gotten better each new show. I am really enjoying it. My husband got all caught up since they aired the first two eps on Saturday night and we watched together last night and just really loved it.

This is fast becoming my favorite new show. I really like the characters (all of them) and I really enjoy the interaction between Grey and Dempsey (can never remember his characters name). He has definitely gotten better looking with age. Talk about HOT!

I loved the part where the one lady yells at those extreme bicycle racers... that just cracked me up and then all Izzy says is " She's tired!" lol.

Great writing on the show. Can't wait for next week.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
From Zap2it:

With Boston Legal bringing in 12.5 million viewers, while Grey's Anatomy bringing in 19 million viewers, ABC's choice looks to be a wise for them.

Chris

Senior HTF Member
I'm glad to see good ratings; my wife said today this is the first new show she's seem come down the pike since "Carnivale" she really got into, and the first on network TV in a long while..

DaveF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
I've been enjoyed Grey's Anatomy, and updated my VCR's programming to record it after Desparate Housewives. So, I'll stick with it for a while and see how it goes.

This last episode left me frustrated, though. I was fixated on Kevin, the poor man who was killed inadvertently by the "underground" bike race. At the end, I was hoping Viper, the hospitalized biker, would die as scapegoat and representative biker for the harm done to Kevin, his family, and (presumably) others. :angry:

At least The Nazi had a few good words for the cyclists.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
4/17/05

I'm liking this show more and more.

Dr. Model - almost worth the price of admisson (well, you get the drift). And she was conscientious enough to speak up for all men's boners.

We finally get to see where Dr. Santiago (Nip/Tuck) went, being the wife of the guy who hammered 7 nails into his cranium. Meredith's own experience with her mom's fading memories compelled her to toss in her 2 cents in regards of the brain tumor removal.

Christina went from being ambitious for a possible surgery into getting sucked into caring for the scrub nurse who returned to die in peace. She looked like she was more emotional pain than she was capable of, and it's another case to grow from for her on the flipside of her usual bedside manner.

Eddy-C

Supporting Actor
I can watch this show for Katherine Hiegel all day long. Love her.

All 3 storylines had me captivated so this was my favorite episode so far. Does anyone know what was the name of the song when Meredith is trying to talk Hellraiser guy's wife out of getting the surgery? I love the music in this show, kudos to whoever picks it.

Spero D

Second Unit

As can I. Funny thing is I have her as a Desktop wallpaper on my computer for the past few months and didn't even recognise it was here in the TV show until you mentioned here name. Guess I should pay more attention to the credits. Eye candy indeed and can play her character pretty well to :)

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Was that the same actress playing Ellis Grey in the pilot episode as well as last night's episode? I thought the one in the pilot episode was taller than Meredith, but last night's Ellis wasn't all that tall.

pitchman

Screenwriter
Real Name
Gary
It is the same woman, Patrick. Her name is Kate Burton and she is the daughter of Richard Burton and Sybil Williams.

While I am on the subject of Grey's Anatomy... I find myself really enjoying this program now... especially Katherine Heigl!:b

Seriously, the writing has improved dramatically since the somewhat (IMO) tepid pilot. The cast is gelling together nicely and the medical situations are considerably more interesting than those on that creaky old war-horse, ER. Well done, ABC!

LanieParker

Supporting Actor
Aboslutely loved last nights episode. Probably the best episode so far.

I really love how Christina is starting to "get it". The doctor who stuck her with the scrub nurse was definitely trying to get her to learn a few things. Her character is by far my favorite.

Britney Whissper.... lol that was so funny. Loved the storyline with Izzy. I love how she went off on that one doctor who had posted all those pics of her in the locker room. " while your still paying off loans of $200,000, I'll be out of debt". Loved it!

I get a kick out of the whole tampon thing too. Like, when they were sitting watching that surgery and she asks her roomate if he bought the tampons and he was all embarrassed. So funny.

I have to say that I was shocked that Grey told the wife that she shold rethink having the surgery for her husband, because 5 good years was better than 10 bad ones. So not her place to say anything. While I understand her concern (seeing as how she is dealing with issues with her mom) it was just not at all professional. Even Dempsey's character shook his head at her.

Great show! I am really enjoying it.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
If Izzy had asked me that question about the tampons in the OR observation room, I'd asked if her if she wanted them with or without wings.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
balajipackersmovers
Recent bookmarks