What's new

Grey's Anatomy ongoing thread (1 Viewer)

Raasean Asaad

Supporting Actor
Welcome to the Game

Anybody watch this one? I thought it was pretty good, Isaiah Washington was very good in the Andre Braugher Det. Pembleton type character role. If they tone down the romance and maybe the voiceovers a bit and I think it will shine.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
I thought it was okay, though cliched in spots. Not crazy about the reveal regarding Grey's mom, a bit sad.

pitchman

Screenwriter
Real Name
Gary
Yeah, it was just okay for me, too. My wife seemed to enjoy it pretty well, but she is much more into medical dramas than I am. My biggest problem is that I think the lead (meredith Grey) is the least interesting character of the bunch. I guess as long as the program is called "Grey's Anatomy" she will have to be front and center, but I think this program would be better served by a true ensemble format. The highlight for me was when Catherine Heigel introduced herself as Isabel Stevens. Her Roswell character was also named Isabel, albeit Isabel Evans.

Jason Walstrom

Supporting Actor
definitely get rid of the voiceover. It seemed intrusive, and reminded me of another show that happened to come on right before it.

Robin Warren

Second Unit
Why would a surgical resident freeze up due to a patient having a grand mal seizure, and then subequently vomit all over the street? Have they never been in a hospital before? These aren't green rookies here, they are surgical residents. Too many cliche's here, but I am willing to give it another shot next week. Maybe they will act like Doctors soon.

LanieParker

Supporting Actor
I watched this only because Katherine Heigle was on. Much to my suprise, Patrick Dempsey was on it. I thought it was okay. I'm not really a fan of medical dramas, but I am willing to watch again to see if it keeps me interested.

I agree that the main character, Grey, was not all that interesting. She just didn't draw me in like the goofy guy who was hitting on her and later froze up during surgery did. I thought his character seemed to have the most interesting story so far.

All in all, it was decent, but I'll wait till next episode to decide for sure if I am sticking with it.

Ken Chan

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ken
No, they're surgical interns. Some line at the beginning about not being in school anymore. Supposedly, this is a "seven year" internship, which I guess would actually be internship plus residency. Still pretty long, more of a hope of how many seasons they get.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Don't quote me on this, but from watching ER, I think it goes:

Student
Intern
Resident
Attending

I think this show deals with the interns that just got out of med school, and are working in a hospital full-time now.

Robin Warren

Second Unit
So a guy right out of school cuts into a guys stomach and performs surgery? Wild stuff. You are right though, just watched the show again (TIVO'd for the wife) and they are surgical interns. My bad.

Chris

Senior HTF Member
What will be interesting is that since the show is primarily focused around one intern (Grey) it has a more wider birth for how it progresses, or it could be a pretty confining fact.. all depends on how it's played I suppose.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
4/3/05

I sort of liked the self-effacing humor from the Meredith's day with a penis (severed from a rapist when his victim bit it off - you go, girl!)

Will Izzy get into trouble for sewing up the illegal Asian alien?

Ellen Pompeo has a high likeabilty factor that shined through in this second episode.

Sandra Oh's Christina was more of the acerbic characters she's played in supporting fashion, or she's growing on me.

I don't understand how George got through med school. He seems so naive about everything.

Anyhow, the politics of the different levels in a hospital have had its groundwork laid with this episode.

Chris

Senior HTF Member
I really like the way this show it setup; a central premise of a character (Grey) and a follow through of the workings of a hospital.. there isn't an emergency every thirty seconds setup; I loved it when Sandra Oh asked about "how can we get by with so many people getting well?"

The acting in the show is, IMHO, very good. This is a show that is growing on me.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
What I didn't like were all the frequent commercial breaks whenever a medical crisis was encountered.

Henry C

Stunt Coordinator
I started watching because of Ellen Pompeo, who I really liked in Moonlight Mile. So far it seems pretty promising, but we'll see if the quality holds up.

LanieParker

Supporting Actor
I really enjoyed last night's episode. I thought it was much better than the pilot. I was laughing so hard and really just enjoyed the characters much better this time around. I love Susan Oh and Patrick Dempsey in this show.

It's definitely got my attention now.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Don't know why, but I got a big laugh out of Meredith quizzing potential roommates on bands from the 1980's. The utter disgust she had for those who didn't know any bands from that decade was funny to me.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks