What's new

Grey's Anatomy ongoing thread (1 Viewer)

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
5/22/05 season finale

Secrets find the light of day in most the subplots.

The chief of surgery has a tumor behind his eye removed, but done under the radar with a small crew to keep the hospital politics/vultures from running amok.

Bailey almost blows a gasket when Izzy and Christina's curiousity gets the better of them on a patient that dies, and they perform an autopsy without consent, but it turns out to be a win-win on finding out a genetic condition that allows Bailey to squeeze out a signed consent form to protect her and the hospital's backside on this matter.

George's bout with syphilis was the comedic highlight of the episode, as he has the worst day an intern with the condition can have as he goes from diagnosis to cure, all with a large audience, it would seem. What he finds out as to who gave him the VD had him go nuts on the culprit in a strange twist of irony.

Burke admits to Christina that he's being exclusive with her. She is rather pleased with this relevation. For the life of me, I can't remember if her pregnancy was terminated or not in the last episode, as it wasn't really an issue in this episode.

Meredith blows off the dinner for her mom's nursing home family night (due to scrubbing in to the chief's brain surgery), and finds that it was a good day for her mom, and she missed out on her lucidity. Meredith tells Shepard about her mother's condition. Then Meredith gets the rug pulled out from under her relationship with Shepard.

Henry Gale

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Henry Gale
Katherine Heigl, "Izzie" Stevens, played Christina Sebastian in Steven Soderbergh's King of the Hill (1993) when she was about 13.
That film is well worth your time, sadly it's not on DVD. I have the LD. :)

Chris

Senior HTF Member

No. She's on the phone early in this episode talking to the clinic, explaining that she is not interested in counseling, she's made her decision and the appointment stands. So, I assumed it has not yet happened.

George's thing was a bout; at the beginning, when he was looking for Rashes, I was sure they were going to give him HSV2, and thought to myself "what a freaking downer" but my wife pointed out they'd never do that for the character development for lots of reasons, and the way it was mapped out was pretty damn funny. Loved the twist at the end.

Jawdropper (but not a wholly unexpected one) for Grey at the end..

Abby_B

Supporting Actor
Pretty good episode, though not season finale caliber (which makes sense, as it wasn't intended to be the finale.) Wonder when others, including Burke, will finally find out about Christina's pregnancy? Can't be long now...

Side note...I caught part of Can't Buy Me Love earlier in the weekend, and the years have been kind to Patrick Dempsy...

Antonio_G

Stunt Coordinator
I hope Grey's Anatomy gets another season because that one of my favorite shows of 2005 this year because if ABC didn't renew them then I'm going to give ABC a liitle visit.

Abby_B

Supporting Actor

It's already been renewed for a full season, plus the 4 eps that weren't shown this year. I think you can hold off on that "little visit" for now...

R. Kay

Second Unit
I could have sworn I saw Katherine Heigl (Izzie) as a waitress on an episode of Seinfeld.

Checked IMDB, but didnt see anything.

She (or whomever it was) did have a line or 2 in Seinfeld, so she wasnt an extra.

BTW : I wonder if she had implants. She looks quite big on top ...

Mike Graham

Supporting Actor
It was noticeable that this wasn't intended as a finale. Nothing very serious seemed to happen, and the ubiquitous cliffhanger was simply that Shephard is married.

Antonio_G

Stunt Coordinator
I'm glad that Grey's Anatomy is getting a second season so now I don't have to take a walk to ABC and I can't believe that Grey's Anatomy is on the top 10 list every week so that is so cool and I hope Grey Anatomy first season comes to tv box set because I miss some of the show because I keep forgetting I'm just can't wait until September for a new season of Grey's Anatomy...

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks