What's new

Glee (1 Viewer)

Chris Lockwood

Senior HTF Member
Originally Posted by Adam Lenhardt

I didn't miss the fact. At the time she lied to Finn, she hadn't yet decided to give the baby up for adoption. It was only when Terri tried to steal the baby to help cover her own lie that Quinn considered giving up the baby.

So it's OK to lie to someone about him being the father of your baby, as long as you're keeping it?

Chris Lockwood

Senior HTF Member

This is the fundamental point where we disagree. There are plenty of eleven-year-old girls out there physically capable of getting pregnant, but I don't think we'd seriously expect that they're old enough to accept the responsibilities of adulthood.

Then those 11-year-olds shouldn't be having sex, should they?

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
Originally Posted by Chris Lockwood Obviously eleven-year-olds shouldn't be having sex. In the vast majority of cases when eleven-year-olds do have sex, their partner is breaking the law. In many of those cases, the partner is a direct relative or trusted friend of the family. It doesn't make the child responsible for the crime, and it doesn't make them responsible for the product of the crime.

My point in raising the issue was that biological maturity doesn't automatically translate into emotional maturity. Most people did stupid shit when they were in high school, myself included. Most of us are lucky enough not to have to live with the consequences the rest of our lives. Quinn doesn't have that luxury, and after a couple early albeit egregious mistakes she has risen to the occasion admirably.

mattCR

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt
Originally Posted by Chris Lockwood

Then those 11-year-olds shouldn't be having sex, should they?

No. Then again, there are lots of 16/17 year olds who probably shouldn't be either, they just aren't prepared for the potential results.

Thus is life.

So it's OK to lie to someone about him being the father of your baby, as long as you're keeping it?

No, what she did was wrong. But, again, ou're talking about a confused scared kid making a terrible mistake. And, she's done her best to make up for that since then. If we decide no one deserves redemption for any ill deeds, we might as well all give up.

Jeff Gatie

Senior HTF Member
Adam and Matt summed it up for me. Quinn's character isn't one-dimensional, and that is one of the great things about the show, and what raises it above most "teen angst" dramedies.

Stan

Senior HTF Member
I just hope they wind up the Quinn pregnancy quickly next season, get her back to more performing, not just one of the background singers. She had a great Supremes song and something else I can't remember the name of earlier in the season.

And yes, tonight, June 8 is the Season 1 Finale

Josh Dial

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Dial
Originally Posted by Stan

I just hope they wind up the Quinn pregnancy quickly next season, get her back to more performing, not just one of the background singers. She had a great Supremes song and something else I can't remember the name of earlier in the season.

And yes, tonight, June 8 is the Season 1 Finale

My guess is that she miscarries or something bad happens to the baby at birth. Just a guess, though.

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
I think it'd be braver for the show to NOT quicky write the baby out and get her back to more performing. Pulling a Juno and having her act like nothing even happened as soon as the baby's handed over would feel like a cop out to me.

Looking forward to the finale.

Josh Dial

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Dial

The Rocky ending. Beautiful finale. Loved just about everything about it.

Yup. Great finale. Not the greatest season finale of the 2010 season (I have to give that one to Spartacus: Blood and Sand), but very satisfying.

Glee is one of the rare shows that entertains and delivers emotion, comedy, and drama. Not every episode was jaw-droppingly amazing, but the season was altogether solid. I would put it up there with The Sopranos, LOST, The West Wing, and Battlestar Galactica as far as first seasons go.

I would have actually liked a slightly longer finale (and extra 30 minutes?), and seen all three schools' performances, but I suspect the pacing would have been affected.

Once again, the editing was Emmy-worthy, and the lighting and choreography were amazing. Whoever crafted the Bohemian Rhapsody number deserves some recognition. If some technical awards don't flow this show's way, it's a damned shame.

mattCR

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt
Season was very good, and I thought the finale was a very, very fitting conclusion, though I hated one part of it..

Vocal Adreniline's coach adopting the baby, which of course will create struggle next season.. but eh

I'd also agree with Josh, this is the second best finale of the year for me, just behind Spartacus Blood & Sand.

It's kind of amazing that this year, three news shows really wowed me: Glee, Spartacus, Modern Family. Sometimes you get a season where one show really breaks out. I'm absolutely set on those three going on, and they really all paid off.

I really liked the music choices as well.

Walter Kittel

Senior HTF Member
Not my favorite finale of the year (that would probably be The Mentalist for me) but a solid, solid episode that I really enjoyed. Highlight of the episode for me was the choir singing To Sir with Love to Will. Very effective.

- Walter.

Jeff Gatie

Senior HTF Member
Sue's briar patch and "tearing up more than Michael Landon in a sweeps week episode of Little House on the Prairie" lines were among her best ever. Anytime you can shoehorn in Pa Ingalls and Song of the South; that's good writing.

Citizen87645

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cameron Yee
Talk about escapist fantasy. The audience actually started clapping on the up beat. ;)

Hanson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Hanson
Hearing them referring to "Aural Intensity" made me suddenly realize that "New Directions" sounds like "Nude Erections".

Not sure if that issue had been raised before.

Walter Kittel

Senior HTF Member
Chris Colfer was on one of late night talk shows (Fallon, I believe) when he let the alternate pronunciation for New Directions slip.

- Walter.

Phil Florian

Screenwriter
That was a lovely finale. Pairing of Bohemian Rhapsody and the birth of a child was pretty brilliant. It was funny, during the birthing scene my wife and I thought, " huh...I think all teens should witness a birth up that close..." Nothing like that to keep a kid's mind more on prevention. :) I loved Quinn's "You suck you suck you suck!!" to Puck while she was pushing. Truer words. :)

Didn't see To Sir, With Love coming but wow, how appropriate.

I am interested to see how they do next season. I LOVED HEROES first season but it fell apart almost immediately in the second and I really hope that this show with its meteoric rise doesn't do the same implosion. They have to walk the fine line of maintaining the fun that they have now with enough innovation to keep it interesting and fresh but not so much new that they lose the original vibe. I don't envy them. For instance, will they continue with the same structure? Road to Sectionals, Regionals and next year likely Nationals? Will the Other Asian and Other Football Player get more lines and a story to be a part of? I like that they have done that with most of the smaller parts so here is hoping they get their moment. Quinn started out as a one-note character who really blossomed for me this year.

I love how they have continually balanced Sue Sylvesters total evil with a heart of gold lifestyle. Her moments with her sister are wonderful and the few moments she shows that she has a soul are great but you can't go too far with being too evil or too good. Thank god they have the actress they do in that role. She is like the Frank or Winchester from MASH. The "antagonist" on the one hand but on the same side of the War (or interschool rivalry) on the other. Good actors saved those roles, too. :)

Hoping for an all acapella episode. More show tunes (I mean, c'mon). More great guest stars from stage and song. Maybe they need to do what other choirs do other than compete...go on tour! Spring Break/Holiday Break tours are always good for some stories. May make a nice arc in the second half of the season.

Anyway, great finale that hit all the right notes (blah, puns).

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mycuu
Recent bookmarks