What's new

Press Release USHE Press Release: Oppenheimer (2023) (4k UHD Combo) (Blu-ray) (3 Viewers)

Jake Lipson

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jake Lipson
Steelbooks are always sold for absurd prices by other sellers on the secondary market once they sell out at Best Buy. That's just how it works regardless of what the movie is. But I don't believe for a second that Best Buy sold it for anything other than their standard pricing.

I have to imagine "Oppy" will be the highest-selling shiny little disc released this year.
It's going to be either Oppenheimer, its companion Barbie or possibly Avatar: The Way of Water.

Nelson Au

Senior HTF Member
I doubt Best Buy have another run of Steelbooks made, but it would be nice. I seem to recall that happened with Guardians of the Galaxy. I’ve already got the standard 4K blu ray release, so I’m not sure I’d double dip for a Steelbook, but you never know.

It’s cool Nolan is doing his best to promote physical media.

ahollis

Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Allen
Is there any other place to get this that doesn’t cost $70?

Nevermind. Deep Discount has it for under $30. Whew.

Last edited:

Jake Lipson

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jake Lipson
Is there any other place to get this that doesn’t cost $70?
There will be plenty of places to get it at a reasonable price point as soon as Universal gets the second batch to stores, which they've already said they are working to do.

I doubt Best Buy have another run of Steelbooks made
Universal will ultimately be the ones who decide whether to make more steelbooks or not. Best Buy bought the first run, but Universal is the one handling the release. Sony has previously reprinted some steelbooks that were originally exclusive to Best Buy and have since been sent out to other retailers, like No Way Home and Into the Spider-Verse.

SD_Brian

Screenwriter
Real Name
Brian
I was at my local Target last night and they had a shelf full of Oppenheimer!

On standard DVD.

Last edited:

Tino

Taken As Ballast
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Valentino
Picked it up this morning at my local BB price matched for $29.99.

SD_Brian

Screenwriter
Real Name
Brian
This is now available on Amazon again for $29.96.
Richard Nixon GIF by GIPHY News

Todd Erwin

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Todd Erwin
From what I have been seeing and hearing from those I know who work in the industry, part of the reason for low inventory was that Nolan shipped the same retail versions to Academy and various guild members for nomination considerations.

Last edited:

Jake Lipson

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jake Lipson
As of when I'm writing this post, Amazon is currently listing a delivery date of December 11 for the 4K edition. So it does seem like Universal is working quickly to make more copies available.

Last edited:

Paul Bosquet

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Paul
Arriving December 10th now according to Amazon. $29.99. Looking forward to watching this again.

garyrc

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
gary
Given my constant image height projection setup, I might just opt for the DVD, especially since 5.1 sound is the only option on all three formats. As I recall, the 70mm non-Imax presentation I saw theatrically also had a constant image size.
Same here. We have common height projection, as well, (as do the better commercial cinemas -- all but one in our metro area), and the usual 70mm shape, 2.20:1, (really 2.21:1) is great! I wish Nolan would just forget about changing aspect ratios! Maybe, since he was born about the time 70mm began to disappear from theaters, and pill box theaters were on the rise, he grew up on CRT TV, and it's 1.33:1 (or so), a fate not worse than death, but almost. He may never have experienced 70mm done (nearly) the right way.
1701656096329.png
1701655990175.png
1701654990570.png

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks