What's new

Get Smart! (1 Viewer)

LeoA

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Leo
I had to double dip on this one a while back. My original set that I bought after it stopped being a Time Life exclusive, died of disc rot a number of years ago. :(

Does the new complete series set retain the bonus discs (I've not yet opened mine)? While not something that I'd revisit often, I remember my original set had a ton of extras (I think every season had a bonus disc, iirc).

Count me in if this ever gets a Blu-Ray release. Even with a generous amount of content on each disc, I was impressed with how nice the transfers looked.

I just hope that they had the foresight to make HD transfers when they remastered this. Not everyone did when creating modern transfers for DVD.

Last edited:

Sa5150

Second Unit
Real Name
steve
I just ordered the newest available set from GRUV so they should be the freshest discs there are and yes I'm positive its the 25 disc set . use the 20% off code , I would open it, as a while back I read some people were getting sets with duplicate discs or missing discs , Hopefully they have corrected all that . I don't see a blu-ray set for years if at all since there not even transferred to HD yet . So I had to just get the complete dvd set before they stop making it .

rmw650

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Richard W
Never heard of them , How do you get it and what the quality like?
They used to be the Decades Channel up until a few months ago, as they're a digital subchannel that is mostly available around the country via a rescan of your digital box, if you happen to receive your stations through a normal antenna structure and it's also airing on many cable, streaming and satellite outlets as well.

Here is their website for more info on this channel...https://www.catchycomedy.com/

rmw650

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Richard W
Catchy TV just aired a weekend binge of the show this past weekend and next weekend's binge I believe is the Flip Wilson Show.
Editing this post I made to reflect the fact that this coming weekend's binge will be The Flintstones and then NEXT weekend, the 29th and 30th, will be the Flip Wilson Show. My apologies for the error.

Sa5150

Second Unit
Real Name
steve
They used to be the Decades Channel up until a few months ago, as they're a digital subchannel that is mostly available around the country via a rescan of your digital box, if you happen to receive your stations through a normal antenna structure and it's also airing on many cable, streaming and satellite outlets as well.

Here is their website for more info on this channel...https://www.catchycomedy.com/
that's one of the worst looking channels I have ever come across on cable .

rmw650

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Richard W
that's one of the worst looking channels I have ever come across on cable .
It was better when it was DECADES, but it's just a hot mess right now, one of the rare mistakes Neil Sabin has made at Weigel Broadcasting, the owners of this and a few other subchannels, but it is what it is.

Sa5150

Second Unit
Real Name
steve
I got my set today from GRuv and i signed out as a guest and it kept the fathers day price of $42.99 + the 20% off coupon worked using paypal . came out to like $33 . It came in a perfect slipbox all 5 season 25 discs , says 2015 on the back . Now is the 2015 the one with the missing or duplicate discs ? There all in nice cases by season like the old ones were that only has the 4 discs no bonus , But those were white cases with individual slipcovers . These are clear cases .

Not sure I want to open it right away as I have no time to watch . We have been doing a dick van dyke marathon every few days and are halfway thru the blurays .

Tom St Jones

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Thomas
It was better when it was DECADES, but it's just a hot mess right now, one of the rare mistakes Neil Sabin has made at Weigel Broadcasting, the owners of this and a few other subchannels, but it is what it is.
Seems to be one of those situations where they 'fixed' somethng that wasn't really broke.

As a semi--casual fan of "Get Smart", I wish HBO (or whoever now holds the rights) would consider putting out a "best of" DVD set. Ideally something mid--range.. On the other hand, were a complete--series Blu ray edition to be announced I would have to (strongly) consider that.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
foster2292
Recent bookmarks