What's new

Get Smart! (1 Viewer)

younger1968

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
paul young
I am huge fan of Get Smart! I remembering watching the show on YTV in Canada back in the late 1970s and early 1980s and loving it. I decide to throw on S4 with first episode of S4, which makes fun of Mission Impossible.

younger1968

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
paul young
rmw650 said:
If you also have ME-TV in your area, it also airs on there at sporadic times of the day, usually on the weekends or late nights.
Canada does not offer many of the classic shows on tv anymore. There are a few networks in Canada that offer old shows. I have over 95 completed series on dvd and some shows in my collection i have never seen. I only watch about 2-3 hrs on a good night of tv as i am unwinding as such my collections keeps me entertained. Get Smart is one of those shows that i can watch over and over again due to its humor!!

younger1968

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
paul young
rmw650 said:
Dummy me. Sorry Paul, as I thought you lived in the States but realized my error just now. My apologies.
There is no need to apologize as it is common mistake. I live in the states back in the late 1990s was introduced to network like FX/TVland/USA TV, which all had great shows. I return to Canada in 2001 and it was about 2002 that i started collecting dvds. It has taken me 11 yeas to get my collection to were it is today, so i am ok if classic shows are not on tv as i can watch on my dvd player. Like many of you i run my own network in the comfort of my own home. I can choose what i want to watch when and do not have to worry about commercials!

Sky Captain

Second Unit
Real Name
Neville Ross
younger1968 said:
Canada does not offer many of the classic shows on tv anymore. There are a few networks in Canada that offer old shows. I have over 95 completed series on dvd and some shows in my collection i have never seen. I only watch about 2-3 hrs on a good night of tv as i am unwinding as such my collections keeps me entertained. Get Smart is one of those shows that i can watch over and over again due to its humor!!
ME-TV is available by antenna, as is Antenna TV, Retro TV and THIS TV; all that you have to do is set up your TV to receive both cable/satellite and antenna, and just switch back and forth between both when needed.

younger1968

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
paul young
Sky Captain said:
ME-TV is available by antenna, as is Antenna TV, Retro TV and THIS TV; all that you have to do is set up your TV to receive both cable/satellite and antenna, and just switch back and forth between both when needed.
Thanks Sky Captain!
I appreciate your post, but am not sure that will work were i am located. Besides i have most of the classic shows on dvd, like Get Smart so having access to retro tv does not really matter too me. The point i was trying to make is Canada does not have the access to classic tv series via the TV as USA does as we have two main carriers (Rogers and Bell).

Sky Captain

Second Unit
Real Name
Neville Ross
younger1968 said:
Thanks Sky Captain!
I appreciate your post, but am not sure that will work were i am located. Besides i have most of the classic shows on dvd, like Get Smart so having access to retro tv does not really matter too me. The point i was trying to make is Canada does not have the access to classic tv series via the TV as USA does as we have two main carriers (Rogers and Bell).

I don't know where you are, but in Toronto where I live, OTA (Over The Air) digital and HD TV signals can be received quite well, and better than during the days of analog TV. This guide will show you how and why:

Free TV In Toronto

[/QUOTE]

younger1968

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
paul young
Sky Captain said:
I don't know where you are, but in Toronto where I live, OTA (Over The Air) digital and HD TV signals can be received quite well, and better than during the days of analog TV. This guide will show you how and why:
Free TV In Toronto
[/quote]

I think your are missing my main point and that is i have most of the classic shows on dvd as such i do not care if the classic tv is accessible. Get Smart is one of my favorites due to Don Adams as Agent 86. I can watch Get Smart over and over again and still laugh!!

Sky Captain

Second Unit
Real Name
Neville Ross
OK, I'm sorry about that. Still, if ever something old comes on these channels that won't ever be on DVD for whatever reason, you still have an option.

younger1968

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
paul young
Sky Captain said:
OK, I'm sorry about that. Still, if ever something old comes on these channels that won't ever be on DVD for whatever reason, you still have an option.
Thanks!
I am also glad that youtube also puts shows on their site. I was able to check out different shows, especially the opening sequence. I have wide taste in TV series that spans many decades. I have purchased Route 66 series, which i have yet to watch an episode.
I am still a huge fan of Get Smart as Don Adams! Don Adams is Agent 86and Bernie Kopell is Sigfried!!

Sa5150

Second Unit
Real Name
steve
10 year old thread , Still kind of shocking that this does not even have a HD stream , I would rather have a blu-ray set , would but that in a second , Any word at all ? Are the dvds any good , Only choice ?

Sam Favate

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Favate
The DVDs are terrific and really showcase that mid-60s color film trend. That said, I’d buy blu-rays in a second. I’ve been wishing this show would be upgraded, but at least the DVDs are great.

rmw650

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Richard W
Catchy TV just aired a weekend binge of the show this past weekend and next weekend's binge I believe is the Flip Wilson Show.

Sa5150

Second Unit
Real Name
steve
I missed out on the whole box at $42 on GRUV + 20% off , Now kicking myself . Don't really want to pay more than that for dvd sets . I figured someone had to be airing this show in HD somewhere with all the gorgeous colors and it was shot on film . Mind boggling they won't scan it in HD .

Radioman970

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
James Perry
I have a ton of bad discs in my complete set. Didn't notice until too late. Haven't watched in a long time. one of my top must buy agains. figured it would be blu ray if I waited long enough. Still not.. :( I even have that movie which I've never seen at the ready still in it's wrap. How sad is all that?

Albert71292

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Albert Sims
I wouldn't bother with that movie ever lol. can't stand that guy . No one like Don Adams .
If talking about "The Nude Bomb", it wasn't great, but cheesy enough to be in my collection. I have "Get Smart Again!" on DVD also, in a cardboard sleeve I bought for I THINK $3.99 at Suncoast Video back in the 90's. It was made-for-TV, included Barbara Feldon, and was the better revival.

Nelson Au

Senior HTF Member
Guys, yes, I watched the Get Smart weekend binge too on Decades, opps Catchy.

i have the original DVD set from Time-Like with the outer box that replicates the telephone booth. I ripped all the episodes into MKV format for quick and easy viewing. One think I noticed on a few episodes is that the audio quality is lower then others, thankfully it’s only on two or so episodes. Image quality is great.

But after seeing the binge on Catchy, the colors looked a tad boosted, and that made me wonder if the series has a new mastering. I would also jump on a blu ray set if the rights holders could make that possible. Would you believe two sets?

jdee28

Screenwriter
Real Name
John
I have the Time-Life set too! I checked out the current repacked DVD set, and it uses the same discs as the Time-Life set. I think the picture quality in the set could be improved. They are a lot of digital artifacts in all the episodes. I would definitely buy a blu-ray with new HD masters!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks