What's new

Get a new sub or be happy with what I have? (1 Viewer)

BaconFat

Agent
Real Name
Daniel
My current sub is a M&K V-75 II and is hooked up to an Onkyo TX-SR707. I have had this sub for at least 15 years and have not had any problems with it including surviving 3 major household moves. Now that I'm in the process of upgrading my speakers I'm wondering if a new sub should be tackled to complete my upgrade.

I never listen to music with this system, strictly TV. From what I gather sealed subs are preferred for music which is what the V-75 is and ported subs are preferred for video. I have been happy with this sub, but ignorance is bliss and I never assumed there might be better choices for my situation. I read the "Under $1000 Subwoofer Review Thread" along with as many other threads as I could digest for the time being.

My listening room is 16 x 14 with a dining room off to the front left corner, a small 6 x 5 foyer in the front right corner and a 4 foot open doorway to my immediate right of where I sit. My speaker setup consists of all Polk, TSi400 mains, CS10 center and TSi200 surrounds. If a replacement sub would make a noticeable improvement I'm willing to make the upgrade. If on the other hand opinions lean towards the "Yeah, a new sub would improve your sound quality, but what you have is fine.", then I'll just wait until the one I have dies. I'm compiling a list of replacement candidates, just in case.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks