What's new

From Pixar in 2007: Ratatouille (1 Viewer)

Scott-S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott

I am confused by that statement. How was Tim Burton involved in Superman?

But back to the topic;

I look forward to any Pixar movie. They havn't let me down yet. I guess there is always a chance, but I will give them the benefit of the doubt.

Jason Adams

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Roger Jason Adams
I am FLOORED by how photorealistic the floors of that kitchen looked. To me this looks far better then Cars.

Adam_S

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Adam_S
cheers to pixar for giving us the orthography of the funky french spelling.

BrettB

Senior HTF Member
There is a full trailer out there if you look around. ;)

After watching the *480p* version I had the same thought wash over me as when I first saw Cars in the theater... All the rest are sad pretenders, especially visually.

Andy Sheets

Senior HTF Member

I read a rumor awhile back that internally Pixar regarded Cars as a sort of "breather" project following the intense efforts needed for The Incredibles (after all, it's much easier to animate a car with a little face on it versus fully articulated human beings) and before the similar workload they would be taking up for Ratatouille.

Chris Farmer

Screenwriter
I remember going to Cars in the theater. All the trailers were for upcoming CGI movies. Then came Ratatouille, and I leaned over to my friend and whispered "The other guys aren't even close." Pixar is absolutely leaps and bounds above pretty much everyone else when it comes to the quality of their animation.

TheLongshot

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason
Just curious, but does anyone else think the lead human resembles Danny Kaye? I'm sure reminded of him...

Jason

Abby_B

Supporting Actor
I think the trailer for this looks just stunningly gorgeous. I love all the detail that they've put in it - that opening shot of Paris is incredible, and even down to the little things like expressions on the chefs faces while they're cooking. And I love how fluidly the rat moves, and how expressive his face is (and also, adorable.) It looks so, so good.

I found this super hi-resolution image of the rat looking out over Paris - looks a lot like the opening shot in the trailer, and it's so pretty. I'd seriously think about buying a poster of that. Check it out: http://www.slashfilm.com/wp/wp-conte...eparishuge.jpg

MatthewLouwrens

Senior HTF Member
Wow. That is just breathtakingly beautiful. The intricate details, just stunning. Thanks so much for posting that, Abby.

Edwin-S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
That is a fantastic image. Pixar is so high in the stratosphere of computer animation that every other studio can only see their contrail. This is my most anticipated film of 2007.

mDot

Auditioning
Real Name
sophie
i love the stuff pixar has come up with so far..this new one looks pretty good!

Abby_B

Supporting Actor

The most amazing thing about it, to me, is that the longer you look at it, the more details you catch in it. It's so beautifully done - it looks completely beyond regular animation - kind of like The Incredibles in that for a split second, you kind of assume it's real, it's so well done.

This is definitely in my list of Most Anticipated Films of 07, too! I can't wait to see something that looks like that image on the big screen.

MandyHan

Stunt Coordinator
This animation is amazing. I can't believe how real they make it look. Can't wait to see it!

Chris Farmer

Screenwriter
FWIW, one of my friends that is getting his masters in computer animation and is interning at Pixar starting this summer pointed out that they have started using painted backdrops. In Cars they simply didn't have time to render everything that was on screen, so there were some scenes that had painted backdrops. He suspects but isn't sure that the shot of Paris is also painted. Still a stunning scene regardless.

Mike.P

Second Unit
Wow - that trailer was incredible. I watched Happy Feet in HD last night, and was stunned how good that looked - but this is on an entirely different level.

Every time I think someone has caught Pixar, they turn around and hit us with something like this.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks