What's new

FINE T.V. MOVIES Not yet on DVD... (1 Viewer)

Kevin M

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Kevin Ray
Rex mentioned Deathdream (1972) but that wasn't a Telefilm, it was a theatrical film that a new company such as Blue Underground should look into or an older company like Anchor Bay should have picked up and released a long time ago.
A few that I would like to see would be Devil Dog: the hound of hell (1978) (silly but fun) & the 1980 mini-series version of A Brave New World.
And I definitly want John Carpenter's Someone is Watching Me(1978) & (without a doubt) 1979's Elvis!!

Trace Downing

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Trace Downing
Fresno!!!
Ok, it's a mini-series, but with Carol Burnett, Teri Garr, Charles Grodin, Bill Paxton and Gregory Harrison how can you go wrong with a Dallas spoof?

LukeB

Senior HTF Member

Principal Takes a Holiday (1998)

My Date With the President's Daughter (1998)
and The Growing Pains Movie (2000)

Brian W.

Screenwriter
Real Name
Brian
I'll second Love Among the Ruins and add Sarah T: Potrait of a Teenage Alcoholic and Sweet Hostage, with Martin Sheen and Linda Blair. Also the miniseries Holocaust, with Meryl Streep and James Woods, among others.

BrianS

Stunt Coordinator
Night of the Scarecrow - early 80's movie with some pretty spooky parts. Retarded man brutally murdered by redneck townspeople. Then they start getting killed. Larry Drake plays the retarded guy (same dude who played the retarded Lenny character on L.A. Law).

PhilipG

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
PhilipG
The film I really want on DVD is the Tommy Lee Jones / Virginia Madsen "ghost noir", Gotham (AKA The Dead Can't Lie). It's one of those films that has critics divided on whether it's awful or brilliant... But even its detractors must agree that certain scenes with Ms Madsen are very fine indeed... :D

John Kilduff

Screenwriter
"Fall From Grace" (NBC, 1990)...

Bernadette Peters as Tammy Faye Bakker and Kevin Spacey as Jim Bakker...I saw this on Lifetime Movie Channel at Disney World this year, and I was actually teary at the end.

Sincerely,

John Kilduff...

Campy, silly and it still made me cry.

Rob P S

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
rob
Unnatural Causes (1986) John Ritter, Alfre Woodard; written by John Sayles.

Justin_S

Senior HTF Member
The ones I desperately want are:
DON'T BE AFRAID OF THE DARK
HIGH DESERT KILL
I'M DANGEROUS TONIGHT
SOMEONE'S WATCHING ME!
INVITATION TO HELL
SUMMER OF FEAR
THREADS

Steve K.H.

Supporting Actor
I never saw this, but it would really interest me if available... if only to rent even...
NORTH AND SOUTH

mark-edk

Second Unit
A great mystery, filmed many times (at least three for tv) but this is the best version of it:

ONE OF MY WIVES IS MISSING

cafink

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Carl Fink
I don't want LukeB to think he's alone here…

I'd love a copy of "My Date With the President's Daughter" on DVD as well!

Alex Spindler

Senior HTF Member
There are several very excellent HBO movies such as Cast a Deadly Spell (which has been getting a lot of airplay on cable lately, Framed, Dead Solid Perfect, Doomsday Gun, and The Path to Paradise. However, I think HBO has done a pretty good job of getting their movies out on DVD, such as Gia, And the Band Played On, and Conspiracy, as well as excellent support for their original series.

Will K

Screenwriter
Two readily come to mind:
Chiefs - Creepy 1983 miniseries with Brad Davis and Keith Carradine.
Doing Time On Maple Drive

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks