What's new

Important Made-For-TV Movies We Need On DVD and/or Blu (1 Viewer)

Mark Collins

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mark
HI Dick, ELEANOR AND FRANKLIN and ELEANOR AND FRANKLIN The White House Years has been out for many years. The first time on VHS and then on DVD. The movies in fact had a second release on DVD just this year.

Richard--W

BANNED
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Richard W
Two reviews from the second issue of Cinefantastique, Winter (January) 1971 which demonstrate just how seriously some made-for-tv films were being taken at the time. Remember, this was back in the days when the influence of Rod Serling and The Twilight Zone were still reverberating all through television. Click on the scans to enlarge:

The Brotherhood of the Bell.
img151_zpsf8e24bda.jpg

Hauser's Memory.
img147_zps30f31e1c.jpg

img149_zps9b1eaaad.jpg

img150_zpse9787f6f.jpg

Walsh61

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Garth Lough
I was going to suggest "Brotherhood Of The Bell". I really like this movie and have a bootleg copy of it. I'd really like to see it get a proper release.

I'd also like to see some of David Janssen's TV movies get a proper release. The copies that are available are pretty bad quality.

Mark Y

Screenwriter
I would like to see In The Company Of Darkness (an early 1990s TV movie partly filmed in my hometown of Riverside, Illinois) released.

Ron1973

Beverly Hillbilles nut extraordinaire
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ron Reagan (not that one!)
Let me add to the list a movie that IS out but I thought I'd recommend it:The Night the Bridge Fell Down

Mike*HTF

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Peter Hyams Goonight, My Love (1972) starring Richard Boone and Michael Dunn

Real Name
Daniel Bakken
I'd love to have Gargoyles from 1972. One of the scariest movies ever. Well, until the end where it gets campy.

Jeffrey:K

Second Unit
deepsky4565 said:
I'd love to have Gargoyles from 1972. One of the scariest movies ever. Well, until the end where it gets campy.
Gargoyles was released on DVD two years ago by Hen's Tooth. It's still in print and even has a director's commentary. I watched this movie as a kid when it was first broadcast.

MCCLOUD

Second Unit
Real Name
Robert
You can get Gargoyles on DVD from Amazon and other retailers. As Jeffrey said, the Gargoyles DVD is from Hen's Tooth. In my opinion the video quality of the Hen's Tooth Gargoyles DVD is excellent.Take Care!Robert

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks