What's new
Signup for GameFly to rent the newest 4k UHD movies!

Exchange/Replacement through Amazon (1 Viewer)

JeremyR

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Jeremy
Has anybody ever done an exchange/replacement through Amazon.com? I think my new A/V receiver might have an issue with it's sub pre-out. I've initiated the replacement, and the lady from Amazon who I spoke to made it sound incredibly easy. I'm just wondering if anybody has ever done an exchange of a significant caliber through Amazon. Did it go fairly smoothly?

Joseph DeMartino

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joseph DeMartino
I've done any number of exchange/refunds/replacements through Amazon over the years and have never had any problem at all. Even in cases where I couldn't meet 100% of their stated requirements (including the original packing slip, not opening a DVD) they have gone ahead and taken the return. My niece recently bought an HD-DVD version of a movie, a mistake she didn't catch until she tried to play it, and they not only took it back, they waived the restocking charge that would have applied in the case of a customer error, because the order page didn't contain a warning that an HD-DVD player and TV were required to view the disc.

Regards,

Joe

JeremyR

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Jeremy
Thanks for the info. I think maybe I averted having to do that. It seems that my receiver is fine, I think it's Audyssey doing something strange with my room.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
prexhobby
Recent bookmarks