What's new

Eternal Sunshine....SE??? Great...sigh... (2 Viewers)

Kain_C

Screenwriter
http://www.thedigitalbits.com/#mytwocents[/url]

DVDs are a great passion of mine and one of my best investments. But I get so sick of this type of thing. No matter how many times I fall for it.... sigh : (

Geremia P.

Stunt Coordinator
It's the same single-disc version with the addition of the soundtrack CD and a picture book.

It's not a big deal.

Matt Czyz

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Matt Czyz
I think someone on another board called it "Eternal Sunshine: The Overstock Edition". :)

MattGentry

Second Unit
I guess I'll just wait to buy that one, seeing as how I haven't picked up the one out right now.

Unless, of course, this new edition is some $40 edition...

Ben_@

Stunt Coordinator
where is it stated that the second disc is the soundtrack? its not in the article linked in the post. I'll be glad if it is a soundtrack, so i won't double dip on this movie. Shame to call it an SE and get everyone worked up over what is essentially just a different package.

Geremia P.

Stunt Coordinator
Ben,

I just got some crazy message saying I can't post a link until I have at least 15 posts under my belt. If you want confirmation on the set, there is a page over at DVDAnswers with all the info.

Alex K.

Agent
Oh jolly.
They made the original cover smaller, so they could put in more praising words. Let's puke.

Tim_Stack

Second Unit
This is a strange one - the non-leaked announcement of a 2-disc set so soon after the first was released...it doesn't seem like it has much more - and since the original had a great transfer (my opinion) and DTS, why would you automatically double-dip?

DavidS

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
D.
If this thing about the 2nd disc being a soundtrack album is true, i already own the soundtrack and would not double dip.

Now, if the soundtrack included were an expanded or complete Score to the film (which would include score cues from the film that were not present on the Original soundtrack album) then we'd be talking about something i'd buy.

Eric_B_C

Stunt Coordinator
If you've ever double dipped before, this is all your fault for encouraging the studios:D

Christopher*KH

Stunt Coordinator
THIS IS FROM THE BITS as of yesterday

"We've got a few more new DVD announcements for you today. First up, Universal has announced that they'll release an Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind: Collector's Edition on 1/4/05. The 2-disc set will feature anamorphic widescreen video, Dolby Digital and DTS 5.1 audio, audio commentary with director Michel Gondry and writer Charlie Kaufman, deleted scenes, 2 featurettes (A Look Inside Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind and A Conversation with Jim Carrey and Director Michel Gondry), Polyphonic Spree's Light & Day music video and the Lacuna commercial. A commemorative photo book will also be included. There's no SRP set yet."

I am glad I haven't bought it yet either. Been waiting on the 2 for 20 deal at BLOCKBUSTER on this. Now I can wait for this SE version instead.

Chris

Jesse Blough

Second Unit
Let this be a lesson to everybody... Always wait a while before buying new releases. Because more likely or not... There WILL be a double-dip in the near future.

Haggai

Senior HTF Member
This sucks. While I don't like what Miramax is apparently going to do with the Kill Bill movies, at least in that case there was SOME indication that there would be an SE release down the road. But no hint at all with this movie. And it's not like the current disc is bare bones, which in and of itself would have been a sort of warning for a future double dip. There's already a commentary, a couple of featurettes, and a few deleted scenes. It looks it'll end up just being the first disc of the eventual 2-disc release. Totally lame.

PaulP

Senior HTF Member
Very very lame. Studios should always announce this stuff in advance. It's not like they just thought this up yesterday.

Matt Czyz

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Matt Czyz
That's by far the most obnoxious cover I've seen in a long time. MAGICAL! SMART! UNFORGETTABLE! ORIGINAL! BRILLIANT! If the DVD case says so, it must be true! I liked the movie and all, but geez, I don't think a dvd case has ever had so many superlatives take up so much space on it.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks