What's new

Eternal Sunshine....SE??? Great...sigh... (1 Viewer)

Jay Gunn

Stunt Coordinator
Definitely peeved now that I see that the 2nd disc is all new content...Didn't I just buy this a month ago?

Tom_Bechet

Second Unit

yes :frowning:

Universal/Focus this is really :thumbsdown: :thumbsdown: :angry:

if this is meant to please the collectors then they should either have announced it straight away or waited for a few months. but this way they really try to make us look like fools if we get it again.

So I won't. I'm quite happy with the current release.

Juan C

Second Unit
According to dvdempire, list price is $29.98.

What we really need is the Adaptation fricking collector's edition.

Richard Kim

Senior HTF Member

I wonder if this cover is part of a series of collectors editions that will be used for other Focus films. It looks similar to Sony's Superbit covers.

Anyway, :thumbsdown: to Universal & Focus for releasing this SE unannounced.

Paul_D

Senior HTF Member
F**k. This is pathetic. My single-disc is still sealed so perhaps I'll sell it and get most of my money back. I've stopped double-dipping except for my absolute favourites which unfortunately this one is.

DavidS

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
D.
I'm a little pissed, but i have a drug-like obsession with this film, so i'm definitely going to buy it.

I don't know why everyone is shocked that there are more deleted scenes. a few of them show up in the trailer (which i hope they include this time), which was edited into beginning of the "Look Inside" featurette.

JamesED

Second Unit
Uh, if the movies the same why double dip? Personally, I've never watched making of's or listened to commentaries twice. Don't encourage the studios to keep doing this and just rent the new one.

Jon Martin

Senior HTF Member

I've only quickly gone through my DVD after I got it, but what of the above isn't on the regular version? Aren't all those extras already on it?

For the most part, I don't care about special editions like this. It is the film that I care most about. I don't even watch most featurettes and such. Even if I do, never more than once. And I can't tell you the last commentary track I've listened to.

So, I won't be upgrading.

Andrew Chong

Supporting Actor
I'm very happy to hear this news if the specifications are very similar to whatever we'll get in Canada. Firstly, I didn't buy the first release, and secondly, I don't believe the first release in Canada contains a dts option.

This expected two-disc set would be a nice companion to the two-disc Work of Director Michel Gondry that I love.

Nicholas Vargo

Second Unit
Real Name
Nicholas Vargo
You guys are insane. All of this stuff was on the edition that was already released (sans the photo book) and there is no way in hell that I'll be upgrading unless there is something else of note because as of reading those specs, there isn't.

All of these specs are on the current DVD. Just get the edition that's out and you'll be happy.

Bob Turnbull

Supporting Actor
From The DVDAnswers link quoted earlier in this thread (Post #13):

So it appears that there are additional extra features not on the current release. Since I've already bought the current one, I'll look to rent the new version if possible. If the additional material is that good, I might want to pick it up and sell the original.

I do wish this had been released initially, but there you have it.

Dane Marvin

Screenwriter
I believe Anatomy of a Scene is a show on IFC, (about 22-25 minutes in length) so that appears to be one thing on the second disc.

Whatever though. I love the movie, but I don't want so much insight on it from everyone else that there's no more left to my imagination. I'll stick the one I already have, which contains a great film and enough extras to keep me happy.

Tony Kwong

Supporting Actor
Here's an overview

original and SE has
- A Look Inside Eternal Sunshine Of The Spotless Mind
- A Conversation With Jim Carrey and Director Michel Gondry
- Feature Commentary with Michel Gondry and Writer Charlie Kaufman
- Deleted Scenes
- Polyphonic Spree "Light & Day" Music Video
- Lacuna Commercial

additional content on SE disc 2 1.5.05 EDITION
- Inside the Mind of Michel Gondry
- Anatomy Of A Scene: Saratoga Avenue
- A Conversation With Kate Winslet and Michel Gondry
- Additional Deleted Scenes

Richard Kim

Senior HTF Member
Well, now that the Eternal Sunshine SE is set to be released next Tuesday, I thought it would be a good time to up this thread. So who's gonna double dip?

Even though what Universal/Focus is doing is wrong, I'm most likely gonna double dip, since I love this film so much.

Gary Burdick

Stunt Coordinator

additional content on SE disc 2 1.5.05 EDITION
- Inside the Mind of Michel Gondry
- Anatomy Of A Scene: Saratoga Avenue
- A Conversation With Kate Winslet and Michel Gondry
- Additional Deleted Scenes

The first disc is exactly the same.

Haggai

Senior HTF Member

Do you mean you can get the bonus disc on-line on its own? Where? Does bb = Best Buy?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks