What's new

Energy xl series or Paradigm performance line? (1 Viewer)

Jon Bye

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Jon Bye
I have narrowed it down to these two. I will be getting the center channel first, either the XLC from Energy or the CC-170 from Paradigm.

Any comments or recommendations?

Thanks

Please support HTF by using one of these affiliate links when considering a purchase.

Jon Bye

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Jon Bye
Has anyone compared these two? Unfortunately I can't find a store that carries both brands so a side by side test is not possible.

I plan to use them, mostly for movies if that makes a difference.

Thanks

John Dunlap

Stunt Coordinator
Jon,

I have had a pair of Energy e:XL 26 Tower speakers
the last 4 years. I just traded up to the Energy Connoisseur C-9's. The XL's were OK for what I paid (about $600 in '98). I found the mid range and bass to be somewhat lacking.

For the price of the XL's I think you would do better to look at Paradigm-either the Performance or Monitor line. The new version 3 Monitors are starting to hit store shelves so you may be able to find some aggressive deals on ver. 2.

It may be difficult finding dealers who carry Paradigm and Energy side by side. They seem to compete head to head in terms of price and performance. Most dealers probably feel it's unnecessary to carry both lines.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
QuirkyProtection
Recent bookmarks