What's new
Signup for GameFly to rent the newest 4k UHD movies!

Elementary Season 4 (1 Viewer)

Joseph Bolus

Senior HTF Member
I believe they thought Rush Hour which replaced it offered a chance for a younger viewing audience. As things turned out, it didn't and didn't get the ratings that Elementary was pulling in the time period.

So ... Maybe there's a chance that "Elementary" could be moved back to Thursdays to replace "Rush Hour" if it's not renewed? I'M KEEPING MY FINGERS CROSSED!!! :unsure:

(With the Sunday move, I've actually had to purchase two eps off VUDU to keep up due to overruns --- and it's not even football season yet!!)

Tony Bensley

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Anthony
So ... Maybe there's a chance that "Elementary" could be moved back to Thursdays to replace "Rush Hour" if it's not renewed? I'M KEEPING MY FINGERS CROSSED!!! :unsure:

(With the Sunday move, I've actually had to purchase two eps off VUDU to keep up due to overruns --- and it's not even football season yet!!)
While I haven't seen it, I've heard that RUSH HOUR is basically a waste of time, and this is what ELEMENTARY got bumped from Thursday nights for? Most annoying, indeed!

I hope it gets the Thursday night slot back next season, as shows relegated to the Sunday night time slot don't generally seem to fare very well these days; plus oh those so annoying sports overruns! :P

CHEERS! :)

Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough
I would be VERY surprised if Rush Hour gets renewed, but that doesn't mean CBS will move Elementary back to Thursday. I get the feeling that's going to be its new home, but since The Good Wife is leaving, maybe they might try it at 9 p.m?

Tony Bensley

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Anthony
I would be VERY surprised if Rush Hour gets renewed, but that doesn't mean CBS will move Elementary back to Thursday. I get the feeling that's going to be its new home, but since The Good Wife is leaving, maybe they might try it at 9 p.m?
If ELEMENTARY has to remain in a Sunday night slot, I'd prefer that CBS stick with the 10 PM time, if only to provide a sort of buffer for the inevitable sports overruns! This is one that we PVR anyway, and I hate ALWAYS having to allow an extra 2 hours, just to be safe! :P

Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough
The problem with overruns is tha
If ELEMENTARY has to remain in a Sunday night slot, I'd prefer that CBS stick with the 10 PM time, if only to provide a sort of buffer for the inevitable sports overruns! This is one that we PVR anyway, and I hate ALWAYS having to allow an extra 2 hours, just to be safe! :P

The problem with overruns is that the 9 p.m. show always makes it to air at some point on Sunday night, but if the game runs long enough, the 10 p.m. show (in the East at least) sometimes get scuttled altogether (and they show a rerun on the West Coast). I know this happened a couple of times with CSI: Cyber this past fall.

Stan

Senior HTF Member

Wish CSI:Cyber would return to its slot, but have a sneaking suspicion it's going to quietly slip away. When Elementary takes over the slot, not a good sign. Kind of like the new CSI with Gary Sinise, not looking good. Oh well, fresh start this fall and we'll see what shows up.

Even with Elementary. Playing the time slot shuffle doesn't look good. The network is just fitting it in wherever they have time, doesn't show a lot of faith in the long time length of the series.

KevinGress

Supporting Actor

I hope it gets moved back because I'd begun to associate it with that timeslot - 'Oh, it's Thursday! Tonight is TBBT and Elementary! And tomorrow is Friday!!!'

Couldn't you just go to CBS.com to watch them (provided you don't wait too long)? I had to do that a couple of times when I was out on Thursdays.

Tony Bensley

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Anthony
I hope it gets moved back because I'd begun to associate it with that timeslot - 'Oh, it's Thursday! Tonight is TBBT and Elementary! And tomorrow is Friday!!!'

Couldn't you just go to CBS.com to watch them (provided you don't wait too long)? I had to do that a couple of times when I was out on Thursdays.
Where I live in Canada, ELEMENTARY episodes are accessible via Global TV's website (A lot of the U.S. based TV station websites are inaccessible to us, in terms of full episodes, at least!), but having to let the ads play through gets a bit annoying, and sometimes there can also be even more annoying buffering issues!

I would much prefer the old Thursday 10 PM timeslot, if given the choice!

Dheiner

Gazoo
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Dhein
Where I live in Canada, ELEMENTARY episodes are accessible via Global TV's website (A lot of the U.S. based TV station websites are inaccessible to us, in terms of full episodes, at least!), but having to let the ads play through gets a bit annoying, and sometimes there can also be even more annoying buffering issues!

Since I'm old, I grew up without the ability to skip the ads, so that does not bother me a whole bunch. (Yeah, right, Keep tellin' yourself that.)
However the buffering issues drive me NUTS!

Tony Bensley

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Anthony
Since I'm old, I grew up without the ability to skip the ads, so that does not bother me a whole bunch. (Yeah, right, Keep tellin' yourself that.)
However the buffering issues drive me NUTS!
Although I don't like to classify myself as old, I also grew up with that inability, but that was way back before TV stations started airing 8 to 10 consecutive commercials! :P

With the online ads, it's mostly the tendency to show the same 2 or 3 ad spots that I find gets monotonous. Truth be told, when I viewed the ELEMENTARY episode that had the comic book hero theme a little while back, I don't recall there having been any buffering issues.

Stan

Senior HTF Member

The ads are the killer. I don't think I've watched a "live" show in years. Everything goes on the DVR so I can FF and skip the ads.

Once in a while I'll miss something so watch it on-line, but then you're forced to sit through the ads. Ugh.... But if you miss an episode, sometimes that's the only way to see it.

Luckily it's rare, because I'm getting these "reminders" that I'm trying out the service, and eventually have to pay for it. Well that will never happen. These are major networks who make loads of money off their ads, even with people like me who don't participate, so they're certainly not hurting for money and I refuse to contribute.:cool:

Sunday is not a good time slot. #1 like you mentioned are the sports overruns. But it also seems to be where doomed series are sent to die. Early Sunday, like "Madam Secretary" and "The Good Wife" are good times, but the late evening shows aren't always as lucky.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
A good wrap up for this season. It should be interesting going forward with what transpired last night.

Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough
Thank you, producers of Elementary, for not giving us a ridiculous cliffhanger to end the season with.

I enjoyed the season finale very much.

I read that John Noble will not be a series regular next year. Makes sense after the events of last night.

Tony Bensley

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Anthony
Thank you, producers of Elementary, for not giving us a ridiculous cliffhanger to end the season with.

I enjoyed the season finale very much.

I read that John Noble will not be a series regular next year. Makes sense after the events of last night.
While I find it a bit ironic that a Drama whose renewal was assured awhile back (Although with CBS, that doesn't always guarantee a spot in the Fall schedule!) didn't go the cliffhanger route (This time!), I do appreciate ELEMENTARY taking what seems a comparatively uncommon approach these days, in closing the season on a fairly positive note!

Although John Noble might not be a series regular next year, I'm glad the door was left open in the story line for periodic appearances, as I find his somewhat ambiguous tendencies to play on the so called good and bad sides (Often at the same time!), make for interesting, not too predictable outcomes!

Interesting that Aidan Quinn's Captain Gregson wasn't in the Season 4 finale! Just an anomaly, perhaps?

Am already looking forward to Season 5, assuming that CBS doesn't pull a MIKE AND MOLLY! ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
prexhobby
Recent bookmarks