– Zardoz – 1974

– Sullivan's Travels – 1941

– Maps to the Stars – 2014

– Woman of Straw – 1964

– The Babadook – 2014

– Buona Sera, Mrs. Campbell – 1968

The Prices

Posted Image
Click on the Amazon price to buy from Amazon and support HTF!

Any clickable link on a title listed below will take you to our own HTF review!

DVDs (Date) Amazon BestBuy Target
Babadook, The (Shout! Factory)  $9.99
Bark Ranger (Lions Gate)  $19.98
Batman vs. Robin (Warner Bros.)  $15.59 $12.99 $12.99
Big Eyes (Anchor Bay)  $14.86 $17.99 $14.99
Buona Sera, Mrs. Campbell (Kino)  $11.99
Echoes (Anchor Bay)  $14.99
Enter the Dangerous Mind (Well Go USA)  $14.99
Foyle's War:  Set 8  $31.66
From the Dark (Dark Sky)  $19.49
God Help the Girl (Anchor Bay)  $14.99
Goodbye to Language (Kino)  $19.99
He Loves Me...He Loves Me Not (First Run Pictures)  $24.95
I Am Steve McQueen (Shout! Factory)  $11.99
I Really Hate My Ex (Lions Gate)  $19.98
J*A*G (The Complete Series) (Paramount)  $119.97
Kidnapping Mr. Heineken (Alchemy)  $12.99
Little House on the Prairie: Season 5 $15.14
Love Hunter (Kino)  $19.99
M [Criterion Collection] $22.99
Man with the Iron Fists 2, The (Universal)  $19.94 $17.99
Manny (Anchor Bay)  $14.99
Maps to the Stars (Universal)  $16.97
Missing, The (Anchor Bay)  $24.69 $24.99
Mom's Day Away (Cinedigm)  $9.99
Odd Man Out (Criterion)  $22.19
Power Rangers Super Megaforce: The Perfect Storm (Lions Gate)  $9.97
Rec 4 $17.99
Sansho the Bailiff $22.99
Stephen Sondheim Collection (Image)  $77.99
Sullivan's Travels (Criterion)  $17.99
Tales of Terror (Kino)  $11.99
Teen Titans Go! (Season 2, Part 1: Appetite For Disruption) (Warner Bros.)  $13.98
Vengeance of an Assassin (Well Go USA)  $9.95
Whitney (Lions Gate)  $14.98
William S. Burroughs In The Dreamachine (Cult Epics)  $29.95
Woman in Black 2, The: Angel of Death (Fox)  $14.93 $16.99 $15.99
Woman of Straw (Kino)  $14.99
You're Not You $19.49

Posted Image
Click on the Amazon price to buy from Amazon and support HTF!

Any clickable link on a title listed below will take you to our own HTF review!

Blu-rays (Date) Amazon BestBuy Target
April Love (Blu-ray) (Twilight Time) 
Babadook, The (Blu-ray) (Shout! Factory)  $14.99
Batman vs. Robin (Blu-ray) (Warner Bros.)  $17.87 $16.99 $16.99
Big Eyes (Blu-ray) (Anchor Bay)  $19.87 $19.99 $19.99
Blood And Black Lace (Blu-ray) (Arrow Films)  $25.29
Buona Sera, Mrs. Campbell (Blu-ray) (Kino)  $17.99
Carrie (2002) / The Rage: Carrie 2 (Blu-ray) (Shout! Factory)  $15.89
Class of 1984: Collector's Edition (Blu-ray) (Shout! Factory)  $18.99
Class of Nuke 'Em High II: Subhumanoid Meltdown (Blu-ray) (Troma)  $14.99
Echoes (Blu-ray) (Anchor Bay)  $17.18
Eddie and the Cruisers / Eddie and the Cruisers II: Eddie Lives! (Blu-ray) (Shout! Factory)  $15.89
Enter the Dangerous Mind (Blu-ray) (Well Go USA)  $17.99
Fantasticks, The (Blu-ray) (Twilight Time) 
Foyle's War:  Set 8 (Blu-ray) (Acorn Media)  $32.48
From the Dark (Blu-ray) (Dark Sky)  $9.99
Goodbye to Language (Blu-ray 3-D) (Kino)  $25.29
Hustler White (Blu-ray) (Strand)  $27.99
I Am Steve McQueen (Blu-ray) (Shout! Factory)  $19.99
Kidnapping Mr. Heineken (Blu-ray) (Alchemy)  $14.99
Late For Dinner (Blu-ray) (Kino)  $17.99
Little House on the Prairie (Season Five Deluxe Remastered Edition) (Blu-ray) (Lions Gate)  $17.87
Long Weekend (Blu-ray) (Synapse)  $14.99
Man with the Iron Fists 2, The (Blu-ray) (Universal)  $24.98 $22.99
Maps to the Stars (Blu-ray) (Universal)  $14.99
Metal Hurlant Chronicles (The Complete Series) (Blu-ray) (Shout! Factory)  $22.19
Missing, The (Blu-ray) (Anchor Bay)  $29.99 $29.99
Odd Man Out (Blu-ray) (Criterion)  $26.19
Remains of the Day, The (Blu-ray) (Twilight Time) 
Richard III (1995) (Blu-ray) (Twilight Time) 
Story of Adele H, The (Blu-ray) (Twilight Time) 
Sullivan's Travels (Blu-ray) (Criterion)  $22.99
Tales of Terror (Blu-ray) (Kino)  $17.99
That Man from Rio / Up to His Ears (Blu-ray) (Cohen Media Group)  $34.99
Toxic Avenger Part II, The (Blu-ray) (Troma)  $14.99
Ultimate Avengers: Three Movie Collection $9.99
Vengeance of an Assassin (Blu-ray) (Well Go USA)  $12.99
Way Things Go, The (Blu-ray) (Icarus)  $26.98
Woman in Black 2, The: Angel of Death (Blu-ray) (Fox)  $19.93 $19.99 $19.99
Woman of Straw (Blu-ray) (Kino)  $17.99
Zardoz (Blu-ray) (Twilight Time) 

The Disclaimer

Standard disclaimer: All prices are taken from the websites of each chain, or from their printed Sunday advertisements. All prices are subject to change by each chain. Prices and inventory in-store may or may not match the website price.

I, obviously, cannot include EVERY title released in a given week in the RoundUp. The titles included are those that I am interested in...as well as those which I consider will be of interest to a majority of consumers (and sometimes I’ll miss one!). I don't get paid for this, and I don't have the time to list every DVD. So, please don't complain! If there is a title not included in the RoundUp that you want to see, PLEASE just look it up yourself, and be nice enough to post and share the results with everyone!

Note that I cannot include Wal-Mart/Sam’s Club prices in the RoundUp. They set prices at individual stores based on nearby competition, so there is no way I can say here what price you'll find at YOUR local Wal-Mart/Sam’s Club location. And, Circuit City is still out of business...even in Hawaii (where they NEVER guaranteed their prices anyway).

The Specials

--Another round of Twilight Times releases this week.  Get 'em HERE.  

--Best Buy has an EXCLUSIVE RELEASE of Batman vs. Robin which includes a figurine, a digital HD copy of Batman: Under the Red Hood and a digital comic BATMAN #1 (2011) of The New 52 (Price $24.99).

--The following 3-D Blu-ray releases are on sale this week at Best Buy for $19.99:  X-Men: Days of Future Past, Avatar, Penguins of Madagascar.

--Best Buy is advertising a series of Blu-ray Pre-Orders for just $19.99 (and get 100 My Best Buy Points):  Taken 3, The Spongebob Movie (with EXCLUSIVE beach ball), Fifty Shades of Grey (EXCLUSIVE steelbook) and American Sniper (EXCLUSIVE content).

--Also at BB, BUY 1, GET ONE 50% OFF on select family titles.  Titles shown are:  Mr. Peabody & Sherman ($9.99 DVD/$14.99 Blu), The Book of Life ($19.99 DVD/$24.99 Blu), How to Train Your Dragon 2 ($19.99 DVD/$24.99 Blu), The Missing ($24.99 DVD/$29.99 Blu).

--Best Buy Odds and Ends:  None to report.

--Target this week has an EXCLUSIVE STEELBOOK RELEASE of Batman vs. Robin.

--Target is also advertising a PRE-ORDER of an EXCLUSIVE STEELBOOK of American Sniper.  Pre-order the movie now and if the price drops before the release date, you'll pay the lower price.

--Target has a big sale on TV on DVD sets for $19.99  The list of shows includes the usual suspects, Walking Dead, Sons of Anarchy, Downton Abbey, Black Sails, Bates Motel, Grimm, Elementary, Cruiminal Minds, NCIS, Sherlock, Silicon Valley, Turn, Girls, Game of Thrones, Modern Family, etc.  Find more seasons at Target.com.

--And, Target has the following DVDs listed at 20% off (Regular $10 - $13):  The Fault In Our Stars, Draft Day, Tammy, Grand Budapest Hotel, Rio 2, The LEGO Movie.

--Target Odds and Ends: None to report.

Jake Lipson

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jake Lipson
Thanks for the Roundup, Mike. Amazon has dropped the price of Big Eyes by one whole penny since you put it in the grid. I've had the preorder locked in since seeing it in theaters, since I think it's one of the best films of last year and I can't wait to own it. They've been dropping the price by a penn several times this week, which is quite odd (but not something i'm complaining about either, of course.) Because Amazon is the cheapest -- and because there are no exclusives or other special discounts involved with this release -- I'm just keeping the Amazon preorder and will get it on Tuesday afternoon in the mail.

Those who haven't seen it -- and based on the box office gross, that number is considerable -- really should consider at least a rental. It's a very fun movie, though calling it a comedy is a bit of a stretch; just because it's lighter than, say, The Imitation Game among Harvey's releases last year does not make it a comedy. It's a serious drama, although one with a lighter touch, but it's still not exactly funny in execution or style, if that makes sense. But I do highly recommend it to all. It should have done better in theaters, as it has the ingredients to be a real crowd-pleaser, but Harvey was too busy giving The Imitation Game a huge push to really get behind it with aggressive marketing. I hope the Blu release improves its fortunes, just because it is very entertaining and more people should see it.

That's it for me this week, although I'm very excited to get it.

Dennis Nicholls

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dennis
The new Sullivan's Travels discs puzzle me. There was an earlier Criterion release DVD about a dozen years ago - that's the one I have, Criterion #118. I wonder whether Criterion will recycle the disc number. This is the first time I can recall that Criterion reissued a previous title. Did they throw in the Coen brother's film O Brother Where Art Thou as an extra this time around?

Then in 2012 there was a Universal DVD release of the same title.

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
I'll be picking up The Babadook, Class of 1984 and Map To The Stars. I'll cheap out and wait for a sale on Sullivan's Travels.

Big Eyes had some very good performances and while it's been a rough decade or so for Tim Burton, it was his best movie in years.

Dennis Nicholls said:
The new Sullivan's Travels discs puzzle me. There was an earlier Criterion release DVD about a dozen years ago - that's the one I have, Criterion #118. I wonder whether Criterion will recycle the disc number. This is the first time I can recall that Criterion reissued a previous title.
It happens pretty frequently. All of Criterion's releases that have gone from DVD to Blu-ray have all had the same spine number as before.

Winston T. Boogie

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Pike Bishop
I think the Arrow release of Bava's Blood and Black Lace has been delayed as it is listed now with a release date of December 31, 2015.

Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough
I'll have reviews up during the next two days for Criterion's Odd Man Out and Sullivan's Travels. I'll get to the Twilight Time discs as soon as they arrive. Some really good offerings from them this month!

Thanks for the RoundUp!

Rodney

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Dennis Nicholls said:
The new Sullivan's Travels discs puzzle me. There was an earlier Criterion release DVD about a dozen years ago - that's the one I have, Criterion #118. I wonder whether Criterion will recycle the disc number. This is the first time I can recall that Criterion reissued a previous title. Did they throw in the Coen brother's film O Brother Where Art Thou as an extra this time around?

It is my understanding that Criterion uses the same spine number for the Blu-rays as the older DVD's, unlike the laserdiscs, which had their own numbering system.

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
Dennis Nicholls said:

Every Bluray release that had a previous dvd has the same number as the dvd, there have been many. over a hundred?

Larry Gelfand

Premium
Real Name
Larry Gelfand
Reggie W said:
I think the Arrow release of Bava's Blood and Black Lace has been delayed as it is listed now with a release date of December 31, 2015.

That's a placeholder date. Apparently a rights issue came up at the last minute.

Michael Elliott

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Michael Elliott
BLOOD AND BLACK LACE probably won't be released in America so if you want it the UK version if Region Free. Once this run sells out future versions might not be region free so if you want it.....

I pre-ordered the CARRIE double feature so that I can check out the sequel. Haven't seen it since it was released but this purchase too will end up on eBay.

Thanks for the prices.

Wayne_j

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Wayne
I got Big Eyes from iTunes, probably Tim Burton's best film in a decade.

Jason_V

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason
Batman vs. Robin has shipped and should be here either today or tomorrow. It's down to $12.99 right now on Amazon, so I'm expecting a $5+ refund later in the week.

I think that's it on the schedule for me until the end of the month.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Jason_V said:
Batman vs. Robin has shipped and should be here either today or tomorrow. It's down to $12.99 right now on Amazon, so I'm expecting a $5+ refund later in the week.

I think that's it on the schedule for me until the end of the month.

Wow. Nice price drop. Thanks, Jason! :thumbsup:

Jason_V

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason
Very welcome, Mike! I was expecting the price to drop to BB/Target level...but not $12.99. That's ri-donk-u-lous! :D

Jake Lipson

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jake Lipson
And Amazon just dropped Big Eyes again too, to $19.85 (it went down to $19.86 yesterday and that's what I was charged.) So far it looks like I will be due a refund of exactly 1 penny.

The Batman vs. Robin drop is much nicer...

I heard elsewhere that FYE is selling Big Eyes for $16.99, but cannot confirm that as I don't have one near me and haven't seen an ad. I submitted the price to Amazon anyway hoping maybe they will match it, but I doubt it.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks