What's new

drivers for video card (1 Viewer)

Bruce Hedtke

Senior HTF Member
Well, I'm running a GeForce4 TI 4600 and I did notice some improvement with the 30.82 Detonator. The online multiplayer game I was in was much smoother and seemed less jerky. As for the 31.00, if that has just leaked, I'll wait a bit before installing it...probably a month or so.

Bruce

Mark Hsieh

Agent
Looking back at the original post, if your computer locks up from file moving, make sure you do a defrag and scandisk.

A

Andrew_A_Paul

It has to be the dirvers. I just did a fresh install of windows the other day. The only time my computer locks up is when the drivers are installed. When they aren't I don't have a problem with it.

A

Andrew_A_Paul

I don't find any settings under my bios that seem to pertain to anything about my vid card. I know that my MOBO isn't anything to brag about. Is it a possibility that a newer MOBO would help?

A

Andrew_A_Paul

I looked on my settings in my bios. Here's what I found. My card is in the AGP slot. The only settings under the bios for the graphics adapter is onboard APG or PCI. Other than that there isn't anything else for graphics settings.

A

Andrew_A_Paul

Well, right now i have the drivers installed for the card, i dont remember which one, id have to look. Am at home right now, not at school so id have to check. I dont have any problems with the computer lcoking up now, except when i try to drag and drop files from folder to folder, so i guess im happier than i was when it would lock up all the time for no reason.

Mark Hsieh

Agent
Well, 40.41 were released today
http://www.nvidia.com
and on my laptop, they gave me 200 more points in 3dmark2001SE. There's some conspiracy going around that nVidia is now releasing drivers as a marketing tool to downplay the R9700 with their Ti4600 line.
I'd give'em a try ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks