What's new
Signup for GameFly to rent the newest 4k UHD movies!

Desperate Housewives ongoing thread (1 Viewer)

Eddy-C

Supporting Actor
Yeah this was always supposed to be satire on night time soaps. Coma victims? Affair with the gardener? Strange neighbor with secerts? Murder?

I'm surprised they haven't done Amnesia yet but theres always next year :)

With regards to Andrew, I just saw this article.

Putting it in spoilers just in case.

"However, Andrew will not be a another TV tale of coming to terms with being gay and gaining acceptance. Creator Marc Cherry told USA Today that Andrew will go a "a far darker place" and use his sexuality as a way to hurt Bree. Saying he shouldn't be taken as a role model, Cherry explained that "what he'll do in the fall to get back at his mother is so unpleasant.""

Please support HTF by using one of these affiliate links when considering a purchase.

Robert Ringwald

Senior HTF Member
Not to mention, he did say he wasn't gay. He's more bi-sexual if anything else. He likes girls... and the occasional guy or two. My thinking is that "I'm gay..." thing is more of a way to attack Bree. Now he'll do the "The church saved me!" for a while... then my guess?

He's going to play that card until the unfortunate moment when Bree comes home and "oops" discovers Andrew in a sexual situation with John's roomie... something that wasn't really an "accident" on Andrew's part. Although from what cherry says, it will probalby be something much worse...

BrianB

Senior HTF Member

No, I think he's gay but trying to justify it to himself by saying "I'm not /really/ gay".

David Williams

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David Williams

Yuppers, that boy definitely loves chocolate. ;) I think he was just trying to 'save face' in front of Reverend Sykes. He obviously hasn't come to terms with his sexuality, same as Justin.

Robert Ringwald

Senior HTF Member
I think it was more a comment on what he said about different flavors of ice cream... he likes vanilla, and the occasional chocolate as well.

Inspector Hammer!

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Williamson
Mikel,
Bree coming to term's with Andrews sexuality will be the least of her problems with that creature they have living with them!

I watched last weeks ep and Sunday's and I felt compelled to post here once again. Of all the serial killers and movie monsters i've seen in my lifetime, none can compare to Andrew. He expressed his "master plan" to a revrend IN A CHURCH and blatently flew in the face of God himself, he's in-human! He makes Damian and Rosemary's Baby seem like Brady kids by comparison. I really want to see something very bad happen to that one.

Bree sort of brings it on herself, but Andrew's poor dad is completely unaware that his son is a monster.

Gabrielle is a MAJOR, STUPENDOUS and AWE INSPIRING super BITCH!!! All that's missing from her extensive wardrobe is a pair of tights with a big B on the chest. I can honestly say that I really hate her now, which presents me with a conflict because i'm at the same time so incredibly turned on by her. :)

She all but confessed to Carlos that she was fooling around! Considering what he told her he'd do if she cheated on him, I half expected him to leap from the tub, grab her and then drown her!

I'm also just plain bored with Susan's story line and i'm not too crazy about Mike's either.

David Williams

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David Williams

I'm glad I'd finished my drink by the time I got to this post because I would have snorted it across the monitor. :D She's definitely a scrapper. I feel bad for Gabrielle in a way because she tried to do the right thing (broke things off with John, worked on her marriage, etc) and Carlos pushed her into going back to her old lifestyle. So I have kind of a love/hate thing going for Gabby right now. Bring on the incredibly boring who's-my-baby's-daddy storyline!

Mikel_Cooperman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mikey
Glad I could make you laugh. I thought everyone knew what Pitcher & Hitter was. Ooops. :)

That will be for sweeps next season.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
5/1/05

I wouldn't blame Tom for hitting on his old flame given Lynnette's lack of faith in him. Plus, she is kinda hot for that age range.

I find that I could care less about Gabby's troubles.

What has George been filling Rex's prescription with? Bree is playing with fire as well.

So, I guess we have to assume from Zach playing with the lighter, plus his psycho wall of Julie photos, blew out Susan's kitchen. Why do psycho's always have this wall of photos of who they desire or fixate? It's such a cliche in movies and TV shows. It's like the writer's shorthand to quickly show how nutty a person is, but the device gets old.

Doug Miller

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Doug Miller
My wife was making a bunch of racket when Tom was arguing with Lynette towards the end of the show -- what happened? I got the impression he inadvertantly admitted to cheating -- What did he say?

Doug

David Williams

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David Williams
But we can assume that Tom has already cheated on Lynette, based on what he told his father, which was around the time Annabelle started working at the office. Hmmm....

Eddy-C

Supporting Actor
Nah. I had a argument with a friend last night because they said Tom already cheated and I said no he didn't, and my friend was like he admitted it to his father months ago so I popped in my tape and fast forwarded to the scene. What he says to his dad is that he's done something and he's afraid what will happen when Lynette finds out.

He never actually says he's cheating, the writers just make you assume it.

Patrick_S

Senior HTF Member
Cliché or not the reason writers use the "shrine" device is the fact that in the real world these types more often then not do have them in their homes.

Mikel_Cooperman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mikey
I felt sorry for Zach until they showed all the photos on his wall. I was willing to give him the benefit of the doubt.
Are most kids Psycho on Wysteria lane?

Ken_McAlinden

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Kenneth McAlinden
Is it just me or is the show getting a bit crowded with two dangerous romantic obsessives (George & Zach) and two prescription tamperers (George & Carlos)? :)

Regards,

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
5/8/05

Well, at least we get more of Delfino's past uncovered. But he's still there for something else.

Felicia makes her play for Zach.

The rest was kinda uninteresting.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sunday Billy
Recent bookmarks