What's new

Desperate Housewives ongoing thread (1 Viewer)

Derek_J

Stunt Coordinator

Retired on nursing pension or doctors savings? She inherited a house, so maybe she's got some money from selling her own.

Dave Gorman

Supporting Actor
OK, so the time was apparently off on my VCR, and my recording quit before the show was over. It stopped right at the point of Mike's truck pulling into his driveway. Can anyone fill me in on what happened after that? From reading the posts here, it doesn't sound like I missed much, except maybe: What happened there?

Chris Bergmann

Second Unit
This was one of the most disappointing finales ever.

Nothing that anybody with even half a brain hadn't already guessed weeks ago was revealed and it ended with a lame cliffhanger.

The entire season has been going downhill in it's second half, but after this I'm seriously expecting Rex's evil twin brother (with eyepatch of course) to come seeking revenge next season.

Someone should send Marc Cherry a tape of the season finale of Veronica Mars as an example of how to do a finale.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Re: Alfre Woodard's character

Edie showed up at her house, and introduced herself as being the realtor who sold her the house sight-unseen (not in person, over the phone/web), and Edie then insisted on showing all the "negatives" of the house now that it cleared escrow. Edie is rebuffed, but not before the son comes out of the house and is introduced to Edie, and Edie gave him a raised eyebrow of approval, it would seem. Edie then leaves, while the newest neighbors look on furtively.

BTW, Stephen Culp was on Leno last night, and they were joking as well about him playing all these characters who get killed on the shows he's been on.

Ken_McAlinden

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Kenneth McAlinden
And, ironically, he has twice played real-life assassinated politician Robert Kennedy and managed to survive through the whole film. ("Norma Jean and Marilyn", and "Thirteen Days")

Regards,

Abby_B

Supporting Actor
Dave, you didn't miss anything. All we saw was Mike walking in to the house...no gun shots or voices or anything.

V. funny about Stephen Culp...he must be unconsciously (or consciously for that matter) drawn to characters that have complex lives and die unnaturally...

Joseph DeMartino

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joseph DeMartino
A number of reviews of the finale (which I thought was just fine) speculated about the possiblity that Rex isn't really dead. Interesting. I thought they did a good job in wrapping up some mysteries (because you can't really sustain some things much more than a single season anyway*) while adding new ones, creating complications from existing plot threads and leaving a few intersting loose ends.

Regards,

Joe

(*See CSI: Miami and Crossing Jordan for a couple of object lessons in how not to handle mystery plot threads in an open-ended series.)

Kong Chang

Screenwriter
Well, it seems that the producers left this tidbit secret of the lives of the new African-American family out of the show. Here is the pic available via the ABC website...

Seems like this piece of dirty secret was left out of the finale.

All in all, I think the finale answered some questions and set up a lot more exposition for the 2nd year.

Joseph DeMartino

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joseph DeMartino
I'm sorry, I don't get what "secret" I'm supposed to be seeing in that photo. Can somebody help out someone who is a little slow on the up-take?

Regards,

Joe

Kong Chang

Screenwriter
If you don't notice, the place is in the attic of the home and the fact that they are hiding someone or imprisoning someone in the attic, to me, is a damn big secret.

Robert Ringwald

Senior HTF Member
Maybe the son lives in an attic bedroom. Personally I don't think there's too much to that picture.

Although I'm pumped that A. W. has joined the cast. I love her.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation449
Recent bookmarks