What's new
Signup for GameFly to rent the newest 4k UHD movies!

Desperate Housewives ongoing thread (1 Viewer)

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Well, Gabby seems to talk the talk, but probably wouldn't walk the walk should she find herself preggers.

Please support HTF by using one of these affiliate links when considering a purchase.

Elizabeth S

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Elizabeth S

1. I personally would be really angered if Gabby decided she wanted it. The media depicts women as wanting to be married, wanting babies, and it's just a too one-sided stereotype -- I appreciate a stand for women who honestly do not want children. (Although it doesn't necessarily help that in Gabby's case, it just seems a part of her selfishness.)

2. I'm wondering if Carlos will find out about the pregnancy somehow before Gabrielle can get an abortion. Then it will become one of those legal battles of what his rights are as the father to stop her vs. her knowledge that if she revealed it may not be his, she may be able to go ahead.

Prior to the last few episodes, I always actually thought there was true fondness between Carlos and Gabrielle. I didn't doubt she loved Carlos (her affair with John does not negate this for me). However, now that things have escalated to ugliness, it's probably more about "winning" for both of them and the finances. At this point, why would Carlos even WANT to have a child with Gabrielle, though it's now too late to stop.

Ken_McAlinden

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Kenneth McAlinden
A woman who does not want to have a child who finds herself unexpectedly pregnant could have a number of reactions to those circumstances ranging from terminating her pregnancy to carrying the baby to term and putting him or her up for adoption to changing her mind and making her best effort to raise the child. I have seen all three played out in "the media", and don't consider any of them to have achieved stereotype status.

Regards,

Jon Mercer

Second Unit
It's obvious that she's gonna get pregnant but my guess is, it's going to be John's kid and Carlos is going to find out that he's sterile or something like that while in prison. But he'll know she's pregnant.

Mikel_Cooperman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mikey
Good news for next season.

Reports that Alfre Woodard will join the main cast of the ABC hit show "Desperate Housewives" next season. Woodard will make her first appearance on the 'DH' season finale, and will then be added as a regular cast member next season.

ABC so far has refused provide much official information on her character, though sources hint that she will be playing a deeply religious, controlling mother who is forced to move to Wisteria Lane after her son gets involved in an altercation with some girl in their old neigborhood. Now, the mother has grown so protective of her son she hardly lets him out of her sight.

Paul Sandhu

Supporting Actor
Hmmm....

Maybe they're introducing Alfre Woodard because they feel they need to add some diversity to the show.

Also wasn't Oprah supposed to be on an episode?

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
4/17/05

So Mike's also been grieving for 15 years? Wonder how that jives with his criminal past.

Andrew is the anti-christ. You almost feel sorry for Bree after what Andrew laid out for the reverend.

Lynnette just got another kid in her stable now that she's taken on Mrs. McCluskey as well.

Susan's in pain, but Sophie can't do anything right.

Gabby and Carlos deserve each, they are such users of people.

Eddy-C

Supporting Actor
Andrew is so evil, he almost had me fooled that he was going to go on the straight and arrow.

But I'm glad the writers didn't give him a Jackass pass after the gay outing. That would've been inconsistent with his behavior earlier in the season.

Chris

Senior HTF Member

I thought the same thing; he is not a "sympathetic" gay character with parents who don't understand.. he's an evil character who just happens to be gay..

Citizen87645

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cameron Yee
Susan's mom is an exaagerated version of someone I once knew. She wasn't as bad, but there are certain things that remind me of her. I'm kind of glad I don't see her anymore. ;)

MarcusUdeh

Supporting Actor
This Sunday’s show is a real let down compared with the previous but I suppose that’s just how the writers milk the audience to stay tuned.

Ken_McAlinden

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Kenneth McAlinden
Was it mentioned before that the person that Mike killed was a cop or was that new information tonight?

That and next week's "recap" episode. Last night's episode focused almost entirely on season arc issues and didn't really have a great story line for the episode. It did have one pretty good one with the Van De Kamps, though. I wasn't too enthralled with Lynettes' story this week, but I did like the imaginary Swedish family in the early part. It kind of bugged me how the Susan story went from her objecting to her Mom's bringing strange men to the house where her teenage daughter lives to her being "devastated" by her break-up with Mike. The first reason still seems to be the more compelling one.

The episode was also a bit disconnected since none of the four main characters interacted with each other.

Regards,

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Probably because Bree has impossibly high standards to live up to. Bree was pretty much a Stepford Wife until this year.

Dan Mc

Stunt Coordinator
So the woman in the trunk was the same person that Mike was looking for. I think it will be revealed that the woman wasn't a private investigator, but Dana's mother. This will lead to the relevation that Mike is Zach/Dana's father. This makes some sense with the recent soap opera turn the show has taken.

Citizen87645

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cameron Yee

Yeah, I don't understand the complaints about DH becoming a soap opera either.

David Williams

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David Williams
Last night's episode was deeply disappointing after the last couple of great episodes. I didn't care for any of the ladies' stories, with the exception of Lynette's which was still kind of blah. Sophie needs to be deep-sixed as a character NOW!

New info. :):emoji_thumbsup:

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sunday Billy
Recent bookmarks