What's new

Coming Soon From Olive Films (2 Viewers)

Dick

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rick
THE PAWNBROKER...?
DR. TERROR'S HOUSE OF HORRORS...?
SANDS OF IWO JIMA...?
OPERATION PETTICOAT...?
some awfully good A-titles still not released!

I realize this is my personal wish list, that not everything can come out at once, that holding off on some titles might mean a better-looking eventual release, and that these titles will almost certainly come out in time.

I just get worried that something will happen to prevent these four from happening.

rdimucci

Second Unit
Real Name
Robert DiMucci
rdimucci said:
BANG! BANG! YOU'RE DEAD! -- How did this American International Pictures release fall into the hands of Paramount?
Mark Edward Heuck said:
I am guessing that it was originally a Commonwealth United production that was released by AIP; many films of theirs went through AIP but ultimately reverted back to NTA when they acquired the library.
You're on the right track by mentioning Commonwealth United. But it's not because BANG! BANG! YOU'RE DEAD! was a CU production or because AIP released some CU productions. When CU went bankrupt in 1970, AIP picked up some of their unreleased films (such as BATTLE OF NERETVA and JULIUS CAESAR) for AIP release. But BANG! BANG! YOU'RE DEAD! had been released by AIP years before, in 1966, just as CU was beginning its short life.

Further research reveals that the Landau-Unger Company was one of the companies (apparently the controlling one) that produced BANG! BANG! YOU'RE DEAD! The Landau-Unger Company was formed In 1961 by Ely Landau and Oliver Unger and produced such films as LONG DAY'S JOURNEY INTO NIGHT and THE PAWNBROKER. The Landau-Unger Company was sold to Commonwealth United Corporation in 1967, at which time Unger was named Vice Chairman of Commonwealth United Company.

So that's how BANG! BANG! YOU'RE DEAD! ended up with CU and subsequently with Paramount, rather than with AIP/MGM.

kingfish

Screenwriter
Real Name
Paul Pisano
i still can't believe they scrapped breakthrough and fighter attack both of which are classic war movies.

rdimucci

Second Unit
Real Name
Robert DiMucci
kingfish said:
i would want to see the battle of neretva.
I'd certainly like to have that one on Blu-ray. BATTLE OF NERETVA hasn't had any legitimate U.S. DVD release, and even the foreign knock-offs have been pan-and-scan.

MisterLime

Insider
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott
WITCHBOARD 2: THE DEVIL'S DOORWAY
• AUDIO COMMENTARY with writer and director KEVIN S. TENNEY
• BEHIND-THE-SCENES FEATURETTE – Includes interviews with AMI DOLENZ,
LARAINE NEWMAN, TIMOTHY GIBBS, JULIE MICHAELS, KEVIN S. TENNEY
and others
• Two Deleted Scenes
• Two Home Video Trailers
• Three TV Spots

Attachments

• wb2.jpg
    wb2.jpg
    131.6 KB · Views: 30

TheSteig

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David
It will be long awaited :)

Ive been reading Olives Facebook page and there are some titles people are asking about such as
Monster of Piedras Blancas , Johnny Come Lately and Olive has responded with
"Stay tuned"
How should we interpret that ? They have it and its forthcoming ? :)

MisterLime

Insider
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott
David Steigman said:
It will be long awaited :)

Ive been reading Olives Facebook page and there are some titles people are asking about such as
Monster of Piedras Blancas , Johnny Come Lately and Olive has responded with
"Stay tuned"
How should we interpret that ? They have it and its forthcoming ? :)
JOHNNY COME LATELY is coming in 2014. MONSTER OPB is not an Olive title.

Richard--W

BANNED
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Richard W
MisterLime said:
WITCHBOARD 2: THE DEVIL'S DOORWAY
• AUDIO COMMENTARY with writer and director KEVIN S. TENNEY
• BEHIND-THE-SCENES FEATURETTE – Includes interviews with AMI DOLENZ,
LARAINE NEWMAN, TIMOTHY GIBBS, JULIE MICHAELS, KEVIN S. TENNEY
and others
• Two Deleted Scenes
• Two Home Video Trailers
• Three TV Spots
What about the first WITCHBOARD ?

Jobla

Supporting Actor
MisterLime, I believe it has been established that Olive has access to Zugsmith's HIGH SCHOOL CONFIDENTIAL, via NTA/Republic/Paramount. Is that also true regarding another Mamie Van Doren camp classic, namely GIRLS TOWN (1959)? Both of those titles came out on NTA Home Video VHS back in the early 1990's, along with PLATINUM HIGH SCHOOL. Those tapes were sadly only released in the crappy SLP (6 hour) mode. I would love to buy a good quality DVD or Blu-ray of GIRLS TOWN.

TheSteig

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David
That's interesting because there was a specific question about MoPB and Olive said Stay Tuned
A poster asked " Any chance of seeing "The Monster of Piedras Blancas" released soon?" And this is what we got

Olive Films Stay tuned!

No Im not being argumentative or anything but this was the actual post :)

MisterLime

Insider
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott
David Steigman said:
That's interesting because there was a specific question about MoPB and Olive said Stay Tuned
A poster asked " Any chance of seeing "The Monster of Piedras Blancas" released soon?" And this is what we got

Olive Films Stay tuned!

No Im not being argumentative or anything but this was the actual post :)
It is not an Olive title - They were responding to JOHNNY COME LATELY.

TheSteig

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David
This is the full quote
David Weaver
I see "Shack Out on 101" is up for pre-order...awesome! Any chance of seeing "The Monster of Piedras Blancas" released soon?
Olive Films Stay tuned!

The Johnny Come Lately comments are underneath that. Anyway its nothing major or anything but it looks like they have it :) I do like the film so it would be welcome.
Im not doubting your word or trying to cause a dispute or anything as I do appreciate your time to post on here but this is the comment that I see. If I am wrong, Ill manage :D

TheSteig

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David
That could be - but more importantly, I dont want him to think Im causing a debate...movie releases are a privilege to be able to own and debating over movie titles is minuscule. There are far more important things in the world to worry about. Im just a fan who collects and just saw something that got my attention :)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks