What's new

Cable to Sub (1 Viewer)

Hi,

I set up my new HT last night and as I unpacked all the packaging realised that I had no cable to connect my sub to the receiver :frowning:

As an interim measure (because i *had* to get it working last night and watch a movie) I used a composit video RCA-RCA cable (this is thicker than the "regular" audio RCA cables).

The sub is right next to the receiver, my question is;
Do I need to spend like $80+ on a special subwoofer RCA connection cable or can I leave the one that I am currently using in place?

It seems to work OK, my system is entry level Pioneer VSX-D712 and JBL SCS-138B speakers so its not high end. I have already passed the 10% of system price on cabling guideline...

Thanks

TanT

Stunt Coordinator
Sounds like you're using RG59 coax cable. Take a closer look at the cable and see if there is any indication.

Either way I think you're doing fine.

Topher

Stunt Coordinator
That cable will be just fine. Don't even think about wasting your money on a "special" subwoofer cable, it will just a coax cable with RCA plugs, JUST like the one you apparently are using. Unless you REALLY have the golden ear, then you would be hard pressed to tell any bit of difference.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
balajipackersmovers
Recent bookmarks