What's new

Need AVR help please. (1 Viewer)

golfjules

Auditioning
Real Name
Julian Iovieno
Currently have Marantz SR5007 which is performing well when it’s working properly. No physical issues but lack of Wi-Fi/Bluetooth and repeated issues with HDMI/ARC have left me to think it’s time to get something updated. Recently getting this message and can’t watch direct tv…”Your TV does not support this program’s content protection. try replacing the TV HDMI cable with component cables”.

Also some shows/movies, when watching Netflix, hbo max, prime or peacock, play garbled sound. Sometimes switching from 5.1 audio setting in the apps works to get clear audio.

If I need to buy, please something powerful enough for my 5.1 setup but hopefully under $1000 OTD. Currently have B&W 683 fronts and HTM61 S2 center channel. Klipsch rear surrounds. Rhytmik LV12 Sub.

JohnRice

Bounded In a Nutshell
Premium
Ambassador
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
If you want to stick with Marantz, and are OK with buying a refurb from an official factory seller, you can get the current equivalent model Cinema 60 for $899 from accessories4less. In any case, you really should upgrade all your hdmi cables to 48Gb/s ones.

golfjules

Auditioning
Real Name
Julian Iovieno
Thank you. I updated the ARC hdmi tv to the receiver but not the cable box to receiver. I’ll try that too

JohnRice

Bounded In a Nutshell
Premium
Ambassador
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
BTW, it sounds like you're using the apps in the TV. You might consider switching to a streaming device instead. They tend to stay more up to date, plus you can replace them if they get outdated. Roku has some good value ones, or if you just want the best one, the AppleTV 4K.

Also, ARC can just be glitchy. I personally prefer not to use it for that reason.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks