What's new

Bye, Bye Tru Calling? (Not yet!) (1 Viewer)

Ryan Wishton

Screenwriter
I dont know.

It's like some people are happy she is falling on her face just because she didnt want to do a Faith spinoff from some stuff online I have been reading.

Geeze. Maybe she just didnt personally want to do it. Maybe she doesnt want to be typecast to one role.

Then, what happens when the role is gone? She ends up 45 and circling fan conventions. As someone who has been to some of the sleazier ones, I wouldnt wish it on my worst enemy.

Not to say they are all bad of course. Some of the people at these things are freaken serious odd balls though and kind of scary. I remember one creepy serial killer like dude following around a host like he was Michael Myers. Hiding in the cutains, licking his lips, making no noise, not talking.

Some freaky deeky.

It's Eliza's choice. She shouldnt be forced into a role. If shes forced into a role she doesnt want to do, her performance would suffer because she would be unhappy anyways.

When and if she decides to return as Faith is her decision. If she does, fine. If not, more power to her.

She said she was willing to do guest spots on Angel (which is gone anyways). Maybe she just doesnt want it as her fulltime thing.

P.S. If Eliza chooses not to and this pisses people off, there is a simple solution. Go buy a Faith costume, dress up as her, and videotape yourself. Ths way you wont feel like such a huge gap in your life is missing.

Steven.W.T

Stunt Coordinator
It wasnt the best show but I was hoping it would come back on. It was just started getting good at the end! Maybe FOX will change their minds and air the already made ones? Apparently their reality series are bombing.

Robert Ringwald

Senior HTF Member
She didn't choose Tru Calling OVER a Faith series. She'd already signed up for that, so she wasn't able to even really consider a Faith series. With Tru out of the picture, it's a lot more likely it'll happen now I suppose, but I still have my doubts.

D

DAN NEIR

I always thought she should have done a Faith series. It would have had a built in fan base and if the WB would have took it, it could have been on with Angel at the time in a all Joss Whedon night. Who knows, if it would have been successful, maybe the WB wouldn't have been so quick to pull the hook on Angel.

Now that the show is cancelled maybe there will be a Faith show since it looks like the WB is regretting cancelling Angel. If it does happen who do you think they'll bring back?

Besides Faith, I could see them bringing back Wood or Andrew to act as her watcher, I would have to figure Whedon would find some way to put Spike on there and maybe possible Illyria.

Daryl Stovall

Second Unit
Well if Joss Whedon gets' the nod to direct X3 and with all the other "Mutant Enemy" key writers assigned to other shows, I don't see how there can be any spin-off in the fore-see-able future, unless Fox/Whedon gives the reigns over to Jane Espenson to oversee a Faith Spin-off since she was hired as a writer for Tru Calling and also she recently signed an exclusive production deal with Fox. This could also solve the ratings SNAFU over at the WB (due to the disapointing ratings of The Mountain), who has reportedly had meetings with Joss Whedon to Resurrect the Angel Series in some form or another. Of course this all depends on Eliza Dusku's willingness to re-visit the role of Faith.

Jason Seaver

Senior HTF Member
quote:I dont know.

It's like some people are happy she is falling on her face just because she didnt want to do a Faith spinoff from some stuff online I have been reading.
Some of the Buffy fans can be pretty snotty, I've found; look at the head Sarah Michelle Gellar catches for not dropping everything to do something Buffy-related whenever it might come up.

Daryl Stovall

Second Unit
It has changed. According to Variety, Joss Whedon has officially shutdown Mutant Enemy, thus severing ties with 20th Century Fox and will be taking some time off from the whole TV grind. (Probably due to a second baby on the way).

David C Lin

Stunt Coordinator
Does this mean there won't be a Faith TV series anytime soon? I really like the idea of Faith spinoff series.

Stephen Ford

Stunt Coordinator
Season 2 has started in new zealand. Episode 2.1 aired last friday evening.

Deleted by moderator; no discussions of downloading copyrighted material, please.

They are showing the last 6 episodes.

In case people were not aware of this.

:)

Adam.Heckman

Second Unit
Whoa. My fiance was really into that show here in the 'states. Anyone out there heard any rumors?

And stephen, thanks for the update! Deleted by moderator; no discussions of downloading copyrighted material, please.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
It looks like Fox is burning off the 6 episodes shot for the abbreviated 2nd season of Tru Calling, starting on March 31 (next Thursday) with a 2 hour dose of Tru and her rewinding ways. The next 4 episodes will then air in the Thursday 9 p.m. EST timeslot.

Futon Critic article here

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks