What's new

books on theater construction? (1 Viewer)

Mike_balt

Auditioning
Building the Xmas list. I've got a 15X42 room that's studded and will become a HT. Looking for some books to lead me through design and construction decisions. Any suggestions?

I search the HT builder forum, but came up dry.
Thanks
MIke

Mike_balt

Auditioning
I searched Amazon, but only came up with some fluff books on decor and a book by Krissy Rushing that seemed promising, but the user reviews were poor. I can't believe that there's not a book out there that covers all the construction decisons (should you build staggered stud walls, where should you run wires and what type, sound deadening, screen location, platform height and construction, etc..) Where do the high end home theater builders learn their craft? What is the anatomy of the big theaters? Someone has this info and I can't believe it's not written down somewhere. I know that once I build the first theater I'll have a 1000 things I wish I did differently. I'd like to just know the decisions ahead of time, make choices and build it right the first time.

anyone have suggestions on speeding the learning curve?

mylan

Screenwriter
Spend some time over at the "things I would have done differently" forum over at construction, interiors, and automation section. I wish I would have. Even then, there are as many opinions as people posting. a 15x42 room is going to be huge, I wish I had that problem.

David Noll

Stunt Coordinator
Mike,

I can't help with book suggestions. I could not find anything either. I found that this forum has a lot of very useful info, so take advantage of it.

Take a look at my gallery link below. At 13'3" x 32', a little narrower and not quite as long as yours, it may give you some ideas.

David

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks