What's new

Hello HTF (1 Viewer)

PSYLNT2UHD

Premium
Real Name
Michael Rozman
Hello HTF community.

I've been lurking on the forum for a while, and recently created an account.

I have a room that's 17' x 14' most walls are made of brick (drywall ceiling). I was recently able to explain to my wife why this room would be best suited as an HT. The likely hood is that the screen size will be around 100" and I will set the Projector on a shelf that's currently above the closet at one end of the room. This shelf was previously centered between the width of the room in the closet and 80" high, approximately 18" from the ceiling. I realize the room could be bigger, but it's what we have to work with.

I have a friend that's an electrician and another buddy that's a low-voltage guru who will undoubtedly be involved. None of us are well versed in the HT concept, which is why I am here, to learn.

I've been reading the Beginner's General questions and have to say, this is a cool forum, it's great to see Forums like this with many like-minded individuals.

My project will be to figure out how to implement a system that suits my video and audio needs via a UHD projector. Of course, my wife and family will get to use it as well. :D . I'm not sure what the budget will be yet, I need to learn more and set the expectation.

I have a Cisco Network background, have been designing and implementing networks for the last 15+ years, and have some low-voltage experience, but extremely limited when it comes to HT.

I can definitely appreciate this hobby as someone that loves watching movies and appreciates sound. I wouldn't say I'm an audiophile, more like I'm aspiring to be one. I have some mediocre vintage stereo equipment from the 70's.

I plan to continue lurking for a while longer as I figure out what will work and what I can afford.

Hopefully, I'll be able to contribute to the HTF once I figure out what I'm doing.

Mike

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mycuu
Recent bookmarks