What's new
World Wide Stereo

Blockbuster 2 for $20 (1 Viewer)

Citizen87645

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cameron Yee
Two for $20 sale on pre-viewed DVDs. Runs from Feb. 10 to 23. The announcement shows recent releases like Open Range and Underworld, but stock will of course vary from store to store.

Please support HTF by using one of these affiliate links when considering a purchase.

Erich_S

Grip
Does anyone know how long new releases usually take to make it to the pre-viewed rack at blockbuster?

Also, is there a standard day that they are put out? (i.e., Tuesday is new release day, Thursday is pre-viewed release days...or is it up to the store manager/eployee motivation)

Thanks,
Erich

Steve_Cohen

Stunt Coordinator
Be careful about buying pre-viewed at Blockbuster. I've only bought 2 there (Finding nemo, The Core). The finding nemo was the widescreen 2 disc collectors edition. When I got home, there was only disk 1 inside. Back to the store, they made some lame excuse that all BB's separate that movie because disk 2 is the full screen version with the same extra's on it as the widescreen disk 1. Total BS. I asked for my money back and they gave me disk 2. Sounds fishy to me. Can they legally separate the 2 disk set and sell them separately? Regardless I will never buy from them again.

Citizen87645

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cameron Yee
Blockbusters really seem to vary in quality from city to city. I've been to the three or four in town and I can only assume the regional manager is really good, because I've never had a problem buying used copies. I can't comment on Finding Nemo, but when I bought Shrek it was the same issue and I had both discs. If you have the energy to deal with it, try another store and see if you get the same B.S.

Dustin Harrison

Stunt Coordinator
I just picked up Underworld and T3 for $20 at BB and to my surprise the cases were in good condition and the disks have no previews on them.

To me that was a great deal.

DavidBL

Stunt Coordinator
The Hollywood Video near me was doing the same thing with Nemo-- separating discs 1 and 2 (in ugly blank cases with a label that simply said "Finding Nemo-- Widescreen" or "Finding Nemo- Full Frame") and trying to sell them separately for $14.99. Since I already own it I didn't care. BTW, Hollywood's current PV deal is buy 2, get 1 free, which basically amounts to 3 for $30 since most of the recent stuff is all priced at $14.99.

Jeff_Standley

Supporting Actor

Im not sure I would call that taking advantage of anything:D I think you got robbed on that one my friend.

But I cant say much I went in to BB and got
Punch drunk love
Jimmy neutron
Gangs of New York
and....(cough)2Fast2Furious(cough)

Dustin Harrison

Stunt Coordinator

Seems like it's going to be an on going sale. I just picked up Catch me if you can and Anger management for $20. Best deal in town.

I think I'm going to make BB a weekly stop now for buying DVDs.

Jerome Grate

Senior HTF Member
Blockbuster's sales is how I got some of those big releases. Be careful though, I picked up League of Extraodinary Gentlemen and The Santa Clause 2 was in the case. They replaced it with no problem the next day.

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm

At my store, they claim I can return pre-viewed purchases for any reason within 30 days, even if it's a blind buy and I just don't like the movie.

DanielCo

Stunt Coordinator
I got Seabiscuit and A Mighty Wind at Blockbuster for my $20.

Now I do not like store stickers on my DVDs or packaging and quickly peel them off when possible. When I looked at the Seabiscuit disc, there was this "disc-shield" sticker on the entire top of the disc. Ughhhh! There is a big warning not to remove this or you'll ruin the disc. This seems quite possible. Any experience or advise with this new Blockbusterblocker?

Cuong

Agent
hey david where do you live in eagle i live in two rivers lol we go to the same video store.

Jerome Grate

Senior HTF Member
Blockbuster is doing a good job with they're promotions. Of course 2 for 20 previously viewed is a great deal, and the video turn in not so bad either. Picked up Matrix Revolutions for 12.99 with a trade in of Twister (first version non-DTS). I got some more duplicates that I'll be turning in for Kill Bill this week.

JackS

Supporting Actor
Hollywood and BB seem to have about the same deal with slight variations. In my area, Hollywood seems to have the more recent releases and also their cases seem to be in a "as new" condition more often. Also in my area, the selection seems to be better than BB. Hollywood's guarantee is either 1yr or a lifetime (I've been told both, so not sure which applies) . BB's is 30 days I think. If prices are equal, I'd recommend Hollywood over BB.

Jerome Grate

Senior HTF Member
Wish I had a Hollywood video near me. The nearest is about 30 miles and I'll try to remember when I'm in the area.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Phoneman66
Recent bookmarks