What's new
World Wide Stereo

Best 7.1 Receiver for ~700 or so (1 Viewer)

kehi

Agent
Hey guys I currently have a Yamaha RX-V630 6.1 receiver that I need to sell to upgrade to 7.1. I really like the Yamaha RX-V1500 and RX-V2500 receivers, but I wanted to get some other opinions. Thanks and please let me know, any help is greatly appreciated

Greg_Hammond

Agent
I am thoroughly satisfied with the RX-V2500, and the real clincher for me was the fact the RX-V2500 has THREE sets of component video inputs, whereas the comparable Denon, Pioneer, and Sony models only had TWO sets of component video ins. I use component inputs for my DVD player, HD DirecTV, and a multimedia computer.

The Pioneer Elites are very nice. I've owned an older Elite VSX-05 for about 10 years now, and I've always been pleased with the sound and durability of the Pioneer gear. The RX-V2500 is my first Yamaha receiver, but so far I am impressed.

Only downside to the RX-V2500 that I see is that MANUAL tuning of AM/FM frequencies doesn't seem possible from the remote control -- only preset channel tuning.

Greg

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dead2009
Recent bookmarks
SVS Outlet Sale