What's new

Battlestar Galactica: The Complete Epic...Announced! (1 Viewer)

Eric Paddon

Screenwriter
It is correct that "positive shield" closes them. In the episode in question, Commander Cain just says "shield" as he indicates for them to be closed.

TonyTone

Supporting Actor
It is correct that "positive shield" closes them. In the episode in question, Commander Cain just says "shield" as he indicates for them to be closed.
Just to follow up on this, I re-watched this particular segment; indeed, Cain does (only) say "shield" (at 43:54 on "The Living Legend" part 2, if you must know:)). However, if you turn on English captions, the caption at that particular timepoint shows Cain as saying "Negative shield." Hmmm...

The other odd thing I noticed about this is that when Cain delivers his "Shield" line, it almost sounds as if the beginning of his dialog got snipped or something. Plus, IMHO it would seem kind of odd to request shield activation or deactivation by just saying "shield". Oh well--I'm making too much out of a trivial matter; in any case, Galactica (the original) is still a great series.:D

Chris Atkins

Senior HTF Member
LOST PLANET OF THE GODS PART I

Really enjoyed this one...almost more than SAGA OF A STAR WORLD.

Video quality was noticeably better on this one.

The special features in this set are EXCELLENT.

Dave Scarpa

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David Scarpa
well I've finished the box set finally and really enjoyed it. Just in time for tonight's "reimagining" (I have to admit I've seen the hour making of special on the new version and I'm intrigued) But as far as this box set my only criticism is that these should have been Dual layered disks. A seven disk set would've been fine. For the price of this set I think they could've done it. Having some disks with just one episode on a side just makes no sense.

Xenia Stathakopoulou

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Xenia
You know, even though i probably will not like it, ill give the new series a chance tonight and check it out.;) Im now going through Battlestar Galactica boxset withdrawals,since a few days ago i shipped out about 95 percent of my dvd collection to my new location.:frowning:

Jay*W

Second Unit
In response to Dave S.'s comments, I believe that most (if not all) of the discs are dual layered, at least on one side. Thankfully, they tried to keep the two-part episodes together on the same side of the discs, leading to some differences in layering, etc.

Jay

Dan Szwarc

Stunt Coordinator
Bad sign: "The cylons were created by man..."

...or should I start a new thread in another forum?

I'm not watching the new BSG because I have work to do... I'm taping it.
I will watch it tomorrow.

Qui-Gon John

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Co
Started watching my box set last night. Watched all of SAGA OF A STAR WORLD.

I was wondering, are there any good easter eggs like all of Galactica 1980 or MISSION GALACTICA: The Cylon Attack or CONQUEST OF THE EARTH?

Gord Lacey

Senior HTF Member
It looks like the set is going to be rereleased with some different packaging. At least that's what I gather from looking at the Universal press site. No idea what it is though.

Gord

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
No change in the SRP. Universal is just getting rid of the oversized Cylon-head packaging, and perhaps also the "Collector's Book" that wouldn't fit in smaller packaging. It'll probably just be the internal digipak without the other stuff in the big box.

I hope to know more about this tonight, and maybe post a news item about it at TVShowsOnDVD (if there's enough there to warrant it).

If you want the Cylon-head package and don't have it yet, figure you've got until early February...or "while supplies last" (some retailers are already sold out of that package and won't get more).

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
TVShowsOnDVD is reporting that the Cylon head box is now considered "limited" and presumably more standard packaging will be used for future pressings. I'm glad I waited. The Cylon head is neat and all, but way too big and bulky.

Edit: Which is already reported on the previous page. Oops. :b :laugh:

Dave Scarpa

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David Scarpa
They will probably just shrink wrap the inside case since that is all there is for their Hulk ultimate set.

Qui-Gon John

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Co
I'd hope they at least put the inside digipak into an outer box, like the Sopranos sets.

Frank@N

Screenwriter
I'm sure everyone has seen the new BS:CE mini-boxset in stores. At least they're not charging less for it...

But do we (the early-adopters) have any chance of getting the smaller slipcase cover from Universal?

It appears to house the exact same disc foldout holder.

I'd like to place my BS:CE with my other boxsets and this slipcase is the key.

Has anyone tried to contact Universal, would it help if others tried as well?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks