What's new
World Wide Stereo

basic cables for Projector, etc.. (1 Viewer)

sirxazor

Auditioning
Real Name
max
So, this is my "idea" of how the cabling will go with the home theater setup I will make in my room.

The Projector, will be connected with a HDMI cable to the Home Theater System.

Once the projector is connected via HDMI do the Home Theater, the rest of the cables such as PC (VGA), Game Consoles, TV Cable, etc... Will be connected to the Home Theater and I will be able to "select" which "modes" I want to display on the Projector, correct?

One more thing, for sound output of the PC I have to connect the my PC Soundcard with the Home Theater right? How can I do this?

I have a Creative Labs Sound Blaster X-Fi XtremeGamer PCI Sound Card

Specs:

# Speaker and Headphone connections: Stereo to 7.1 (Line Out via three 3.5mm mini jacks)
# Flexijack: Line In / Microphone In / Optical Out via shared 3.5mm mini jack
# Auxiliary Line level Input: 4-pin Molex connector

Thank you for help
htf_images_smilies_smile.gif

chris.big.money

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Chris Walter
Okay by "Home theater system" do you mean one that came in a box or one with separate receiver/speakers?

As long as your receiver (i'm assuming that's what you have) supports every one of those inputs, then you will be fine running only one HDMI cable to the projector. However, if you did buy a Home Theater in a Box, you will most likely be in trouble as far as inputs go.

What projector are you using, and what "home theater system" are you using?

Al.Anderson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Al
That connection scheme will only work if your receiver supports converting analogue to digital (component/composite inputs to HDMI). Otherwise you'll also have to run component (and maybe even composite) to your TV.

(edit: very fat fingers this morning.)

Jeff Gatie

Senior HTF Member
As everyone said above, you would need a receiver with video upconversion to HDMI in order to have a single HDMI cable to the projector. Let us know your budget and needs (separate receiver and speakers, Home Theater in a Box, etc.) and we can make recommendations.

For the PC, the easiest way to connect to the receiver would be the optical digital out on the sound card connected to a digital in on the receiver. Assign the digital in to "Aux" or some other source. This would be for audio only. Depending on your PC, it may also output audio and video over HDMI. In that case, you'd only need an HDMI to HDMI connection.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
samrinriya
Recent bookmarks