What's new

Logitec Z906 Getting 5.1 From PC (1 Viewer)

Snowdog2112

Auditioning
Real Name
David
Hi, I'm new on here and a home cinema, and a 5.1 novice.
So I hope this isn't a stupid question.
I'm interested in buying the Logitec Z906, I have a Sound Blaster Audigy card in my Windows 11 PC. This card has, as I'm sure you know, 5.1 output via 3 3.5mm jack sockets. So what I would like to know is, if I connect the Z906 with 3.5mm to 3.5mm jack leads can I get 5.1 sound out of the system, or is this only possible using the optical inputs on the Z906?
I'm finding this 5.1/digital audio quite confusing!

Anyway, I hope you can understand my question and that its not too stupid.

Wayne A. Pflughaupt

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Wayne
You can get 5.1 if your Sound Blaster sound card can process 5.1, and the computer in front of it can deliver a 5.1 signal to it.

Regards,
Wayne A. Pflughaupt

JohnRice

Bounded In a Nutshell
Premium
Ambassador
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
Without looking it up, some of those “5.1” cards are really just matrixed two channel. So don’t assume it’s real 5.1 just because it has a six channel output.

Snowdog2112

Auditioning
Real Name
David
Without looking it up, some of those “5.1” cards are really just matrixed two channel. So don’t assume it’s real 5.1 just because it has a six channel output.
Thanks for that John, can you give me any tips on what to look for in a “real” 5.1 card, such as Dolby logo etc. Thanks

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
foster2292
Recent bookmarks